Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spacer question

Old 08-20-2014, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacer question

I currently have a set of wheels with 4 7/16 back spacing, I know that I will need spacers to mount them. My question is what is the minimum size wheel spacer that i will need to avoid any issues?
Old 08-20-2014, 01:13 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

What size tires? That is roughly a 4.5" backspace, correct? You can run 35x12.50's on those rims, assuming they have the correct bolt pattern.

If you do want spacers, you will probably be better off with the kind that have two sets of bolts (1.5" Spidertrax or equivalent), not the thin ones that sandwich between.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Black Rock Dunes with 5 in BS and run 305/70/16 tires and no lift without any problems what so ever. I would think 4.75 BS would be fine for anything up to 35 in tires.

Quick Reply: Spacer question