Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Specific AEV Lift Questions

Old 03-09-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Specific AEV Lift Questions

It just hit me. I must mod my Jeep NOW! That being said...

I want to go with the AEV 3.5 Dualsport in the future when I have the money. I wanted to know what the difference between the RS, SC, and ST is so I can find what is right for me. Anything you guys know will help.

In the meantime I want to still lift it. I was thinking about going with the AEV 2.0" Spacer Suspension. My main question is if I do this lift, can I then go to the 3.5" when I am ready. Also, is this a good idea? Bad idea? Should I go teraflex 2.5 instead? I want your guys input. And pictures of any of you guys that have either of these lifts would help to. Alright guys let me hear your opinions...
Old 03-09-2012, 01:02 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

if this is the kit you really want, i have no doubts that all the fanboys and their mother will come out to tell you how awesome the lift even though they have absolutely ZERO experience with other lifts of the same size. if you're dead set on using over priced relocation brackets instead of heavy duty adjustable control arms, may i recommend that you give the rancho sport kit a look instead. trust me, if you've ever seen both up close and in person, you would know that it is a MUCH BETTER kit that is very similar only with beefier brackets AND, costs a fraction of the price.

Last edited by wayoflife; 03-09-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

That is a good point. As someone with a LOT of experience..what do you personally recommend for a kit with heavy duty control arms?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:06 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by dozeRubi33
That is a good point. As someone with a LOT of experience..what do you personally recommend?
sorry, i added more to my last post and you must have missed it. as i had said, if you're dead set on using over priced relocation brackets instead of heavy duty adjustable control arms, may i recommend that you give the rancho sport kit a look instead. trust me, if you've ever seen both up close and in person, you would know that it is a MUCH BETTER kit that is very similar only with beefier brackets AND, costs a fraction of the price.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

I did the same thing and changed my post. I'm looking for a quality kit. I am new and did not realize that it wasnt the proper type of kit i want. What kit do you recommend that has heavy duty control arms? Thanks for passing on that knowledge btw

Last edited by dozeRubi33; 03-09-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

I did the same thing and changed my post. I'm looking for a quality kit. I am new and did not realize that it wasnt the proper type of kit i want
in all fairness, the AEV kit is a nice enough kit, just WAY OVER PRICED for what little you really get. if this is what you really want, i'm just trying to save you some money by pointing you toward the rancho kit.

if you're not really sure what you want, you should start off by asking yourself how big of a tire you want to run and, will you be doing any offroading or, will your jeep mainly see pavement. from this, you can figure out what you'll want and/or need to get to where you want and make better decisions from it. take your time and try not to buy into hype or what's trendy. there are a lot of great options out there and really, no need to spend more than you have to.

Last edited by wayoflife; 03-09-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

I did the same thing and changed my post. I'm looking for a quality kit. I am new and did not realize that it wasnt the proper type of kit i want. What kit do you recommend that has heavy duty control arms? Thanks for passing on that knowledge btw
Not that any of these are the proper type of kits for you, but what WOL is saying the Rancho kit is just as capable and can possibly take more abuse over time because they have heavier components in there kits. So what's he's saying is you get more for your money with the Rancho kit over the AEV kit based on a few key factors in parts and price!
Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Ahh WOL you beat to it... LOL
Old 03-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am always blown away with what our SPORT lift can do! I have seen it do so many trails in Moab and all over CA. It is a great deal for the price.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rancho
I am always blown away with what our SPORT lift can do!.
Do you have kits for the 2012 Rubicon?

Quick Reply: Specific AEV Lift Questions