Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Specific AEV Lift Questions

Old 03-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dozeRubi33
Do you have kits for the 2012 Rubicon?
Our SPORT and short arm will work on the 12's. We are modifying our Long Arm now.
Thanks for the PM too.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dozeRubi33
It just hit me. I must mod my Jeep NOW! That being said...

I want to go with the AEV 3.5 Dualsport in the future when I have the money. I wanted to know what the difference between the RS, SC, and ST is so I can find what is right for me. Anything you guys know will help.

In the meantime I want to still lift it. I was thinking about going with the AEV 2.0" Spacer Suspension. My main question is if I do this lift, can I then go to the 3.5" when I am ready. Also, is this a good idea? Bad idea? Should I go teraflex 2.5 instead? I want your guys input. And pictures of any of you guys that have either of these lifts would help to. Alright guys let me hear your opinions...
TeraFlex has several kits 2.5" kits in budget boost or coil format.The 2.5" coil/shock kits are some of our most popular kits with those that want 35's. All TeraFlex lifts work for 2012's also. Give me a call if you have any questions.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 4.5" AEV kit on my 4-door JK that I inherited when I bought the Jeep used as a newbie. It has always done well on the street and mild trails, so I have no complaints there. However, I am now running much harder trails and I'm afraid that the AEV kit is just not designed for the punishment I've been giving it. After I finish each trail I literally have to go through every bolt in the suspension and re-torque them back down or risk a bad failure. I'm not a hater, I'm actually surprised it has lasted this long, but it is way past time for me to upgrade.

I should note that the AEV springs are really pretty good. I load a bunch of stuff in my Jeep while on some tough trails, and they really hold up well.

Last edited by CALIJK; 03-09-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Specific AEV Lift Questions