Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprintex 3.6 vs RIPP 3.6

Old 12-09-2016, 03:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Monte417
Post a video of that thing
If you go on Instagram. Jeepjk77. I have a few videos on there
Old 12-16-2016, 12:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any aftermarket support for internals of these motors to speak of when you get into this much boost? I favor the sprinted system which being a PD blower I don't think I would ever get more than about 8-9 psi out of it but I would rather overbuild than underbuild.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by shrekmoose
Is there any aftermarket support for internals of these motors to speak of when you get into this much boost? I favor the sprinted system which being a PD blower I don't think I would ever get more than about 8-9 psi out of it but I would rather overbuild than underbuild.
The motor can handle 15 psi. I have been running 15psi for a few months and have not had one issue. I would not push it past 15. The stock internals in the 3.6 are strong. I have not looked into any other parts
Old 12-16-2016, 04:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepjk76
The motor can handle 15 psi. I have been running 15psi for a few months and have not had one issue. I would not push it past 15. The stock internals in the 3.6 are strong. I have not looked into any other parts
Damn! What supercharger are you running and pulley size?

I am having a custom pulley made for my Magnuson 3.6; stuck between 63mm (9 psi) and 60mm (10 psi); also will be running stage 1 water-methanol injection and custom tune.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by doc5339
Damn! What supercharger are you running and pulley size?

I am having a custom pulley made for my Magnuson 3.6; stuck between 63mm (9 psi) and 60mm (10 psi); also will be running stage 1 water-methanol injection and custom tune.

Sprintex stage 2 with a 60mm pulley 93 octane and a custom tune 15 psi all day long. Look me up on Instagram I have some videos of my setup Jeepjk77
The following users liked this post:
CourageOO7 (06-10-2020)
Old 12-16-2016, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Sprintex stage 2 with a 60mm pulley 93 octane and a custom tune 15 psi all day long. Look me up on Instagram I have some videos of my setup Jeepjk77
Thanks, I realize that yours is a Lysholm (compressor) and mine is a Roots-hybrid, however, the boost you are running makes me feel much better about over-driving the supercharger.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by doc5339
Thanks, I realize that yours is a Lysholm (compressor) and mine is a Roots-hybrid, however, the boost you are running makes me feel much better about over-driving the supercharger.

My buddy has the same supercharger as you and he loves it he is only pushing 8 psi
Old 12-16-2016, 08:22 AM
Former Vendor

We have forged pistons, forged rods, and an engine block guard available. Pistons and block guard are listed on our website already. Rods should be added soon: https://prodigyperformance.com/produ...es/engine.html

We're perfectly comfortable selling our Stage 1 and Stage 2 turbo kits for use on stock internals. Generally, under 10 psi (tuned properly) should be very reliable and safe. Our Stage 2 kit, right out of the box, produces about 8-8.5 psi peak boost (depending on engine load, vehicle weight, transmission gear, tire size, axle ratio, etc). The internal engine upgrades are for pushing it further safely. We'll be building an engine with these internal mods, turning the boost up, and seeing how much ridiculous power we can produce on a Wrangler

I personally (personal choice; not official company recommendation) run my turbo with a boost controller set to hit just shy of 10 psi at maximum (with stock engine internals). I see this maximum boost in high load freeway driving situations when I accelerate, but decide to be lazy and not downshift my manual transmission much. I see peak boost in this situation in the 3200-3600 rpm range. In more typical heavy acceleration situations (higher RPM, lower gear, less engine load), I typically see peak boost around 8.5-9.3 psi, depending on exact conditions.

~Jeff
Old 12-16-2016, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just looked at your your IG that thing is bad man. The sound of the sprintex is hands down the best out of all them. Do you have any heat soak problems with it.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Just looked at your your IG that thing is bad man. The sound of the sprintex is hands down the best out of all them. Do you have any heat soak problems with it.

Thank you. I researched every supercharger / turbo / engine swap out there and I was so impressed with sprintex and there customer service also with Dar from sprintex and the only company to have a 3 year 36,000 miles warranty with one of there elite dealers. No heat soak promblems. No issues at all

Quick Reply: Sprintex 3.6 vs RIPP 3.6