Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sprintex or Maguson Supercharger on 3.8....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2016, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Montero26
I have the intercooler as well. I will be getting the new tune in October. The shop that did all the work on my jeep is taking care of the tune and wants to keep the jeep several days just to make sure everything is ironed out like shift points etc...I will report back once tune is in. I believe the smaller pulley is already on my jeep.
October? Why wait so long? Is it not available yet?
Old 08-29-2016, 06:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lucked out with my Sprintex. I got it 2 years ago and the program that came with it worked perfectly. I have tried other programs, but the original one I got still works best.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I may pull the trigger on the kit without the intercooler as they just became CARB legal here in Cali! RPM extreme has a great price and seems to have the best tuning support. My only concern in with the number of units that have seized or had internal issues. Mines not a DD so it would likely act up after the warranty period....
Old 08-30-2016, 06:39 AM
JK Newbie

Have a lot seized? Did they have oil leaks? I can't image the screws physically colliding unless the bearings went out.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:42 AM
Former Vendor

We have sold a ton of them and have seen very few failures. I know early on there was a seal issue causing them to suck in oil and if it wasn't monitored they would lock up. Sprintex did a massive rework on their entire inventory and upgraded the seals. Im pretty sure all of the older units were sold long ago.

Tuning is key. We support everyone we sell and have a good bit of experience tuning these things. We will make sure you are squared away. Just know ahead of time that the shifting will never mercedes AMG smooth and will probably hold gear a little longer than you like depending on your gear ratio and tire size. All JKs with boost have this issue.
Our tune does a very good job dressing the shift points but some jeeps just don't like to play nice.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

This thread is quite old. I have had a sprintex supercharger and intercooler kit sitting in a Box for YEARS (Since the intercooler was first released I believe). It came with the Diablo tuner, so not sure when you started shipping those.

My question is whether the unit I have is one that has the seal issue, and if yes, is there anything I can do about it before I install?

Quick Reply: Sprintex or Maguson Supercharger on 3.8....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!