Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Bumper Mods - What you got?

Old 11-30-2015, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kojack
I have the MBRP Light bar with a set of HID converted hella 500s on there, then I added VDP high clearance Corners as well. Give the bumper a Full width but a better looking profile than stock. I get many comments on how it looks.
Nice jeep! I am trying to see what you did here but your pic is a bit dark. What specifically did you mount this bar to? The stock bumper? Also, what is VDP? A lot of people have replied to this but I am not sure what it is.

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tarpon4me
I put the VDP stubby end caps on, winch plate and winch with synthetic rope. It looks good and it's functional. The stock bumper set up can take more of a beating on the underside than you may think too. Check my profile for pictures.
That looks really nice. Is this something you did to your stock bumper?
Old 11-30-2015, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
This one has also been replaced a few years ago. Short cut Stubby with Aries grille guard.
That's awesome! How did you munt the grill guard? Maybe that's all I need to appease what look he is going for...
Old 11-30-2015, 11:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxhammer
Nice jeep! I am trying to see what you did here but your pic is a bit dark. What specifically did you mount this bar to? The stock bumper? Also, what is VDP? A lot of people have replied to this but I am not sure what it is.

Thanks!

I Don't have the bumper corners on in that photo. I can email you a couple if you like. VDP= Vertically driven products. Its a company that makes jeep accessories.

They make two types of corners, a subby, (not a fan), and high clearance. (the ones I have and they are full width to the fender flares. The MBRP light bar mounts on the chasis, and the vdp corners are mounted on the stock bumper. you take a sawsall and cut the bumper ends off the stock, and these drill and mount into place. quite easy, but don't forget to trim the factory skid plate too.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's awesome! How did you munt the grill guard? Maybe that's all I need to appease what look he is going for...
The grill guard mounts with 4 brackets. 2 that go on the top between the bumper and grille and 2 go under the bumper. All mount to the frame. You have to cut the plastic skid plate and the plastic piece between the bumper and the grille.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a solid mount. Saved my front end as well. That's why I don't have it anymore.

Quick Reply: Stock Bumper Mods - What you got?