Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock speakers weak... Any good upgrades?

Old 01-23-2015, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock speakers weak... Any good upgrades?

What up people,
I've had my 15' JKU for the past week now, love everything about it EXCEPT when I turn the volume up to 3/4 capacity, the quality is TERRIBLE. Any suggestions on where to get a complete replacement speaker sets that are a direct fit (plug & play) to current stock setup? (I have the regular radio without Navi). Any suggestions ???
Old 01-23-2015, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

The stock speakers just suck. I went with alpine type r coaxials. They are a really good sounding speaker for the money. However the stock deck doesn't put out near the power to get the speakers to sound good. So short answer, the jk sound system sucks. It needs a full overhaul in my opinion, the 9 speaker alpine is suppose to sound much better.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Did you replace all 9 speakers with the Alpines? Did they plug right into the factory connectors or you spliced them in? Would else should be overhauled? Add a amplifier? Change the whole radio completely?
Old 01-24-2015, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

I upgraded all the speakers in my 2014 JKU Rubicon. Alpine type R components in front, type S in the sound bar, and a 12 inch type S subwoofer. Also put a Kenwood Amp under the seat. Still using stock head unit for now. Sound is pretty good for a jeep and way better than stock.
Old 01-24-2015, 04:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by coolhand129
I upgraded all the speakers in my 2014 JKU Rubicon. Alpine type R components in front, type S in the sound bar, and a 12 inch type S subwoofer. Also put a Kenwood Amp under the seat. Still using stock head unit for now. Sound is pretty good for a jeep and way better than stock.
Ok great thanks for the ideas!
Old 01-25-2015, 06:08 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Check out JK Electrical some great info there
Old 01-25-2015, 01:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by coolhand129
What did you to tie the head unit into the amp? I don't think my head unit has line outs (it's the base radio with U connect). Did you have to use a line converter?

Quick Reply: Stock speakers weak... Any good upgrades?