Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger

Old 03-12-2014, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 170-3tree
I know the idea behind getting a good deal, but when most compatible systems are twice as much as these, if they work, that bothers me a lot... Either ripp is a true rip off, these companies are selling products of lower quality, or some combination of the two...
Ripp has had great feedback and lots of happy customers. I have the sprintex kit with a custom intercooler that i bought used. It had a few kinks but ive worked them out. Jeep drives great, idles smooth and fuel mileage only dropped 2mpg. Im very happy with it now. Ripp needs to chime in and explain why complete kits are worth the money. If i had the extra 3k for the ripp, i may have went that route.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We run the Sprintex system on our JK and it works great. It produces a lot of torque at the low end (where I want the power when I am wheeling) I know RIPP has a great track record and many people use it and love it, but I can't speak about their supercharger cause I have never used it.

Here is the link to the Sprintex system on our site. If you have any questions feel free to email or PM me

Innovate Motorsports Jeep JK Supercharger system
Old 03-12-2014, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by So-Cal4x4
We run the Sprintex system on our JK and it works great. It produces a lot of torque at the low end (where I want the power when I am wheeling) I know RIPP has a great track record and many people use it and love it, but I can't speak about their supercharger cause I have never used it. Here is the link to the Sprintex system on our site. If you have any questions feel free to email or PM me Innovate Motorsports Jeep JK Supercharger system
Do you have any user write ups about this particular model? Maybe even some directions lol!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by barno92
Do you have any user write ups about this particular model? Maybe even some directions lol!
I have seen a couple write up threads but it is mostly pictures during

The system comes with instructions. http://www.sprintex.com.au/wp-conten...signed-off.pdf

The install can be done with hand tools. The instructions say 4 hours but it is closer to 8 for a first time install.

the HEX bolts in the back are trick but I use a 1/4" drive with a 6" extension and a swivel.

There is one hex on the left side (3rd one back that you need to use a allen wrench to tighten it down. I cut the allen wrench on the short end by 1/2 and cut an inch off the long end to make it easier.

Read the instructions before the install.

Make sure you run at least one tank of 91+ octane prior to install. and right before you do the install take the Jeep and pressure wash the engine, you are swapping the valve covers and dont want dirt getting in the engine.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Since there seems to be some disagreement about the quality of this product why would you recommend this supercharger over a RIpp or the other big brands? Besides price of course.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Former Vendor

Since there seems to be some disagreement about the quality of this product why would you recommend this supercharger over a RIpp or the other big brands? Besides price of course.
I can't speak for RIPP or the other brands. I have the Sprintex system on our JKU and the torque is low end and it is instant boost. Ours produced 300 ftlbs of Torque at 2000 RPM's.

I am aware there is a few individuals that have comments about the supercharger and it is the same ones that continue to go on the threads and provide negative feed back. That is their prerogative to do so.

The bottom line is it your decision to make. This is a large amount of money for someone to spend, however it is the best price.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:43 AM
JK Freak

I think once the intercooler is released,and the appropriate tunage, the SPRINTEX WILL BE A TOP CONTENDER. .
Old 03-13-2014, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can't speak for RIPP or the other brands. I have the Sprintex system on our JKU and the torque is low end and it is instant boost. Ours produced 300 ftlbs of Torque at 2000 RPM's. I am aware there is a few individuals that have comments about the supercharger and it is the same ones that continue to go on the threads and provide negative feed back. That is their prerogative to do so. The bottom line is it your decision to make. This is a large amount of money for someone to spend, however it is the best price.
Ok now I just need you to put it on if I buy it!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Former Vendor

Ok now I just need you to put it on if I buy it!
That would be a long drive...lol
Old 03-13-2014, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

That would be a long drive...lol
Damn.....

One last question. If I do buy this is there any reason to be worried about not having an intercooler? A detailed answer would be great!

Quick Reply: Supercharger