Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger

Old 03-13-2014, 08:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Ripp is a turbo. It uses exhaust gasses to spool up and provide boost. The inter cooler circulates the gas through it before it hits the turbo in an attempt to keep the temps down.

The Sprintex is a supercharger. They are belt driven like an alternator, or power steering pump. There is no need for an inter cooler as they are driven by the motor, and there is nothing to cool.

I'm not clever enough for this to be funny
Old 03-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by barno92
Damn.....

One last question. If I do buy this is there any reason to be worried about not having an intercooler? A detailed answer would be great!
I live in San Diego and last summer we had normal temps around 100 and did not have issues. The reason for the inter cooler is it lowers the intake temps. When the charger compresses the air it naturally heats up. The cooler takes the temps back down before it goes in to the combustion chamber. By cooling the air you can lean it out a bit and back off the timing, thus increasing power and increasing mileage. I am sure others could give a better explanation than I can

***I'm not an expert on how this all works cause I am not a engine tuner, I am a reseller.***
Old 03-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by super_b_AK
The Ripp is a turbo. It uses exhaust gasses to spool up and provide boost. The inter cooler circulates the gas through it before it hits the turbo in an attempt to keep the temps down.

The Sprintex is a supercharger. They are belt driven like an alternator, or power steering pump. There is no need for an inter cooler as they are driven by the motor, and there is nothing to cool.

The Ripp is a centrifugal supercharger (not a Turbo) and is driven by belt as well.

Any Supercharger will benefit from cooling the air...
Old 03-13-2014, 09:14 PM
JK Newbie

Whoops, that's what I get for running my mouth. Looked like a turbo from the picture I saw.

I wonder what the difference in gains are between a cooled and non cooled unit? I'll have to do some reading I suppose.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Our system offer an excellent low cost alternative to the V8 swap with an installation that can be completed in under 8 hours by any shade tree mechanic. Dyno and real world proven results with over 3000 3.8L kits sold world wide.

Some Viewing:

install: Powerblock | Tips For Restoring Cars, Trucks | Full Episodes | Spike | Powerblock TV: Xtreme 4x4 | SPIKE

Hemi Swap vs. RIPP show down: Powerblock | Tips For Restoring Cars, Trucks | Full Episodes | Spike | Powerblock TV: Xtreme 4x4 | SPIKE

Customer install Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTDbfM4nIV0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP_LyeIRPMk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U_yqcjtWv4 Low cost and ease of install and comparable power. We like to think of our system as the best bang for your buck.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to give us a ring! Best of luck on your build!
Old 03-20-2014, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone running a Sprintex with a dodge viper throttle body?
Old 03-20-2014, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone running a Sprintex with a dodge viper throttle body?
You wont be able to connect the inlet pipe into the viper tb. Its already a tight fit with the stocker.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Whelp I guess that will go up for sale too. So a spectre air intake dodge viper throttle body and a superchips 3875 updated. Where should I start the pricing? Anyone?
Old 03-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor

Whelp I guess that will go up for sale too. So a spectre air intake dodge viper throttle body and a superchips 3875 updated. Where should I start the pricing? Anyone?
Keep the throttle body... Im going to be installing one on our Jeep here in the next few days. Ill give you some tips on the installation of the Viper TB with your new Supercharger Also if you have any questions on the install dont hesitate to send me a message.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

How are u planning on installing it?

Quick Reply: Supercharger