Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger worth the purchase??

Old 10-31-2014, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

In my case free of charge. How do I know? I paid for the install up front ( not a requirement, my preference). So there was no way the got worked into the price as he didn't know about any of that.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Did he do that for free or charge you for it? If he charged you did he call prior to doing it to OK it? If he did it for free are you positive it was for free and not hidden into labor cost or something else?
Hi he didn't charge me for it. The shop that installed my lift had it so screwed up the handling was terrible. Robbie said he wouldn't send it back to me driving like crap with over 400 HP because it was dangerous to drive like that. When I got it back it drove fantastic.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

There's no way in hell that my wife will let me get a V8. It'll be hard enough to get her to agree to SC when I start my stretch. I'm jealous guys. Very jealous. I'd love to test drive an LS Jeep, but I'm afraid I'd stop loving mine if I did.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking about eventually getting a supercharger. Would I love to do a LS swap? Absolutely! But honestly I don't think it's a fair comparison or even something I'd consider saving for.... $20000.00. I would never be able to justify that to myself. 5 grand however is doable for me at some point in the near future.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

I've never driven a supercharged jk so this is just my speculation. I have seen some in person and on the trail tho.

I was giving serious thought to adding one awhile back but the biggest thing holding me off is that I still don't think I will have the power where I want it and thats low end grunt like a v8 or the old I6 4.0L. It would probably enhance my road driving greatly but the jeep will still not be a sports car. If it were a cheaper mod I'd prob go for it but for 4-5k they want for a lot of these kits its a good sized chunk saved for a v8 swap imo.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rmiller31
I've never driven a supercharged jk so this is just my speculation. I have seen some in person and on the trail tho.

I was giving serious thought to adding one awhile back but the biggest thing holding me off is that I still don't think I will have the power where I want it and thats low end grunt like a v8 or the old I6 4.0L. It would probably enhance my road driving greatly but the jeep will still not be a sports car. If it were a cheaper mod I'd prob go for it but for 4-5k they want for a lot of these kits its a good sized chunk saved for a v8 swap imo.
It's not even close... 4-5 grand is 4-5 times short the cost of a v8 swap.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Unless you do the swap yourself, it's not realistic for a lot of people....me included. At one point I looked at doing the install myself and it came at around $12k for a Hemi with the AEV kit and misc parts etc. Could probably be done a little cheaper though.

2011JKUR with stuff.....
Old 11-01-2014, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

I've got an 11 JKU w/ 40k miles 10k w/ RIPP, 4" lift, 37", 5:13. +2 mpg city, +4 mpg hwy (but don't drive it much on hwy) w/ RIPP addition. It's not V8 power but didn't cost me $20k. I like the power it makes but I'm not a full throttle wheeler
Old 11-01-2014, 08:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by greenenvey
Hi he didn't charge me for it. The shop that installed my lift had it so screwed up the handling was terrible. Robbie said he wouldn't send it back to me driving like crap with over 400 HP because it was dangerous to drive like that. When I got it back it drove fantastic.
Sweet. I wasn't trying to imply anything bad about robbie or his company. But those are just legitimate concerns that do happen quite often in just about every industry. Hope it didn't come across the wrong way. Lol.

That's awesome that he hooked yall up. That's great customer service. Good to hear
Old 11-01-2014, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Sweet. I wasn't trying to imply anything bad about robbie or his company. But those are just legitimate concerns that do happen quite often in just about every industry. Hope it didn't come across the wrong way. Lol.

That's awesome that he hooked yall up. That's great customer service. Good to hear
No it didn't come across that way at all I knew what you meant !

Quick Reply: Supercharger worth the purchase??