Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

superchips or bullydog?

Old 04-03-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPop
You need the Rubicon model for e-locker operation and electronic sway bar disconnect. I assume you have installed the MOPAR swaybar disconnect system, but don't have elockers installed.
There you are Mr. Wizard......lol I was wondering when you were gonna chime in. So what are your thoughts on this new fan-dangled Bullydog system...???
Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Randonizer
found this vid on th bully dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCL6YhhKc_Q
Umm...Am I the only one here who can disconnect the sway bar in 4-hi? Did they mean 2-hi?

I would love to be able to disconnect in 2-hi. I think they are confused about not being able to disco in 4-hi. Perhaps they are confusing the JK's inability to lock in 4-hi.

The stock Rubi will disco in 4-hi.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Junkie

Bully Dog has always made great Diesel products, but haven't been as competitive for gas engined vehicles. I like the display and gauge options and I'd love to be using my Superchips in a similar fashion. The performance numbers seem a little lower than the competitive product, but I don't buy into those much. Best to do a side by side comparison.

The one big feature seemingly missing is a transmission package. If I had an automatic that would be a big consideration.

Personally, I am pretty much done with performance upgrades on my JK for the time being as I'm not far from picking up a second one that will have better out of the box performance.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Bully Dog has always made great Diesel products, ...

The one big feature seemingly missing is a transmission package. If I had an automatic that would be a big consideration.
What package are you referring to?
I am deciding between the SC and BD right now and have an auto.

For what I understood BD comes with a transmission package that SC sells as an option. Is the SC's package better?

I am leaning towards BD because of the real time monitoring, which is a nice feature.

Thoughts?
Old 04-03-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

At 65 the jeep seems to downshift less now and I'm getting about 1.5 mpg better around town...this is my steering column mount..I used industrial velcro and found a 48 cent plastic picture holder at walmart I cut down to fit lol..the cord runs perfectly behind the steering column...it's rigged up but it works if I need to detach it and lock it in the glove compartment
Old 04-03-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Forgot to add the pic
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20110403_155437.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	146056  
Old 04-03-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Jedi

Bully Dog has always made great Diesel products, but haven't been as competitive for gas engined vehicles. I like the display and gauge options and I'd love to be using my Superchips in a similar fashion. The performance numbers seem a little lower than the competitive product, but I don't buy into those much. Best to do a side by side comparison.

Personally, I am pretty much done with performance upgrades on my JK for the time being as I'm not far from picking up a second one that will have better out of the box performance.
Like I said earlier, unless this has changed, the tranny "package" is sold separately for $50 for the flaspaq. And from what I read, the ability to adjust tranny shift points comes stock with the Bullydog. Does the SC tranny package allow more than just shift adjustments?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jbry
At 65 the jeep seems to downshift less now and I'm getting about 1.5 mpg better around town...this is my steering column mount..I used industrial velcro and found a 48 cent plastic picture holder at walmart I cut down to fit lol..the cord runs perfectly behind the steering column...it's rigged up but it works if I need to detach it and lock it in the glove compartment
Thanks so much. As soon as I get mine I'll have to put my creativity to work. I love this mounting position and the options this device has.

Also for all on the ledge between bullydog and vivid. Vivid has bluetooth between obd2 connector and the unit. Also has alot of expansion for future stuff because it's on the android OS. But in my opinion. I'm more into straight up results and lower prices for it.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Flaxbourton
Wait, so you can't adjust the speedo for new gears but you can do all that other stuff?? That's pretty lame.
You can adjust the Speedo by percantage, but you need to figure the percantage vs just a simple programmer switch
Pat
Old 04-03-2011, 01:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Does Bully Dog also offer the 30 days warranty as Superchips? I'm very close to place the order this weekend. ;-)

Quick Reply: superchips or bullydog?