Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superchips Flashpaq for JK, Initial Impressions

Old 09-05-2014, 04:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KCCO JK
Since the flashpaq is advertised as adding 30HP and 30lb-ft, it is doing far more than just changing shift points and tire ratios. It's literally reprogramming the engine to work more efficiently and produce more power(you'd be surprised just how bad the stock tuning can be on some vehicles. Some, are unbelievably bad.). With more power and torque being produced by the engine, you'd need less fuel to do the same work.. So it only stands that by reprogramming, that theoretically fuel efficiency would have to go up.
that's my thoughts. What the heck lets go for it. Worst case I could resale it or save it for once we run the tires into the dirt and upgrade.

Last edited by White Ghost; 09-05-2014 at 04:34 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vladimer
I went from about 19.2L/100km to about 14.6L/100km using the mileage tune and setting the tire size.

I did disable the pedal response boost, I find the pedal response in the JK to be laggy but after flashing it, the 6 speed was insanely jerky and annoying to drive. Its like the first couple inches are dead pedal and then BAM flooring. It was impossible to drive in first or 2nd without jerking the Jeep constantly.
EXACTLY the same feeling here. Loaded the 87 Octane tune and, after driving around yesterday a bunch, you can press the gas pedal EVER so slowly without anything happening the first 2" or so, then BAM, 80% throttle in an instant. No bueno. Changed it back to stock tune for right now.

When's the last time a Superchips rep chimmed in on this thread? A lot of things being tossed around—a little communication to dispell those on the fence?

Last edited by C2U5H; 09-05-2014 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent read all the posts here, but doubt they come. I emailed them directly on the Superchips site a few times and no one ever replied.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Figured I would just revive this thread rather than create a new one........so I have a 2 dr automatic with 35's, 2.5" lift and 3.73 gears and 3.8l engine....with no adjustment to tire size and speedo, the jeep is unbelievable sluggish as you can imagine. I used an AEV Procal about 3 years ago to change those things, and it has made the jeep very livable on a daily basis. I've had my eye on Superchips for a while now due to the claim in extra HP and TQ. So I went and and picked up the latest tuner (3874) which is the F5 Flashpaq, and since I had a full tank of 87 I installed the 87 tune. It pains me to say that I am completely underwhelmed. I did several runs from 0-60 with the AEV setup I had and now with the Flashpaq.......the best I could with the Flashpaq was 0.2 seconds slower than the AEV Procal. What the hell Superchips?? I feel like I just threw $300 in the garbage.
Question for everyone here that uses Superchips.......does it take some time my the jeep to learn the new tune? or should the "power" be instant?
Thanks for any insight.

Last edited by m4belisle; 07-22-2016 at 04:57 AM.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m4belisle
Figured I would just revive this thread rather than create a new one........so I have a 2 dr automatic with 35's, 2.5" lift and 3.73 gears and 3.8l engine....with no adjustment to tire size and speedo, the jeep is unbelievable sluggish as you can imagine. I used an AEV Procal about 3 years ago to change those things, and it has made the jeep very livable on a daily basis. I've had my eye on Superchips for a while now due to the claim in extra HP and TQ. So I went and and picked up the latest tuner (3874) which is the F5 Flashpaq, and since I had a full tank of 87 I installed the 87 tune. It pains me to say that I am completely underwhelmed. I did several runs from 0-60 with the AEV setup I had and now with the Flashpaq.......the best I could with the Flashpaq was 0.2 seconds slower than the AEV Procal. What the hell Superchips?? I feel like I just threw $300 in the garbage.
Question for everyone here that uses Superchips.......does it take some time my the jeep to learn the new tune? or should the "power" be instant?
Thanks for any insight.
Ive had this tuner on 2 different jeeps with different engines a 2010 and a 2012. Each time it took a few tanks of gas to feel results. Not exactly hemi or supercharger results of course but there is something there for sure. I have run the 87 tune and the tow tune. I have never run any other tunes but from what ive read the higher octane tunes are even more noticeable
Old 07-22-2016, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Monte417
Ive had this tuner on 2 different jeeps with different engines a 2010 and a 2012. Each time it took a few tanks of gas to feel results. Not exactly hemi or supercharger results of course but there is something there for sure. I have run the 87 tune and the tow tune. I have never run any other tunes but from what ive read the higher octane tunes are even more noticeable
thanks, i'll see how it goes.....but i am at least more hopeful now
Old 07-22-2016, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by m4belisle
Thanks for any insight.
I have it too on my 07'. My first plug and play tuner so I can't compare my results with any other brands. For me the most noticeable thing was the much better throttle response. I'm sure there were slight gains in horsepower and torque but it is just not that noticeable. Think you'd have to make comparisons on a dyno to really know for sure. It made my Jeep much more bearable to drive so I'm happy about that and the fact that you can adjust for tires and gears. I don't have an auto so I won't benefit from any of the transmission changes that can be made.

I ran the 89, 91, & 93 tunes and I like the 93 the most. Don't mind spending the extra money for super because to me the truck runs the best with this tune. Negligible difference between the 89 & 91 tunes IMO. I didn't try the tow or crawl tunes so I can't give any opinions on those.
Old 07-22-2016, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by WylieJK
I have it too on my 07'. My first plug and play tuner so I can't compare my results with any other brands. For me the most noticeable thing was the much better throttle response. I'm sure there were slight gains in horsepower and torque but it is just not that noticeable. Think you'd have to make comparisons on a dyno to really know for sure. It made my Jeep much more bearable to drive so I'm happy about that and the fact that you can adjust for tires and gears. I don't have an auto so I won't benefit from any of the transmission changes that can be made.

I ran the 89, 91, & 93 tunes and I like the 93 the most. Don't mind spending the extra money for super because to me the truck runs the best with this tune. Negligible difference between the 89 & 91 tunes IMO. I didn't try the tow or crawl tunes so I can't give any opinions on those.
appreciate the input, thanks
Old 03-23-2017, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Default Superchips flash paq leaves ghost files and removes some of the boot files

I recently installed an edelbrock supercharger on a 2014 jk. It came with an sct tuner and an edelbrock tune. I previously had a flashpaq f5 tune installed on the jeep. I returned the jeep to stock tune with flashpaq per the intructions, but it would not allow the other tuner to load the required supercharger tune. The only option superchips gave me was to purchase a new pcm even though their software corrupted the factory pcm. Don't use the superchips flashpaq. you will regret it if you plan to custom tune later. Horrible customer service, They know the flash software is corrupting the factory pcm.

Quick Reply: Superchips Flashpaq for JK, Initial Impressions