Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superchips update trouble....

Old 11-18-2009, 10:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips update trouble....

I just got my Flashpaq today from Northridge, and I was looking forward to downloading the update to the tuner with no drama. I downloaded the updater from the website, I got my user name and password set up and I thought I was ready to go. I logged on with the tuner hooked up to my computer, but no love. The screen says that it is connected to the internet, but that there ins no device connected. OK, what the*&@# am I doing wrong? I am not completely retarded when it comes to computer stuff, but this is pissing me off.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does you machine recognize a device when you connect your Flashpaq?

I had to try the process a couple of times, but I attributed it to the fact that I was a Windows virtual machine (VMware) on my Mac and sometimes doing the pass through on the USB devices requires several attempts.

Once I got it to connect it worked fine, with exception of one the add-on which just stat there for ever downloading without an error or completion message. However, the add on was there when I connected the Flashpaq to my JK.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:38 AM
JK Super Freak

My computer recognizes the Flashpaq when I plug it in. The "Connection Wizard" wants to download software for it as if it were a printer or some other device for the computer.

I looked at the date of manufacture on my Flashpaq and saw it was 10-26-09, so I went to my Jeep and programmed it anyway. At least that went smoothly. I sent an e-mail to to Superchips' help desk to see what they will say, too.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Super Freak

This may sound odd, but try a different USB port. If you used one on the front, try one on the back of the puter. One of my front usb ports alternates between usb 2.0 and 1.1 when my wife's nano is plugged in. Every time it happens, I get a similar error
Old 11-19-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

I tried the two in the front and two open ones in the back. The computer recognizes that the Flashpaq is there, it seems like it is the Superchips download page does not recognize it.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Holy shit, my Jeep has come to life! I drove to work today, mostly freeway driving. The increase in throttle response is very nice and, according to my computer, my mpg went up about 2 mpg. I will know for sure on mileage increases after this tank of gas. I am happy with the Superchips Flashpaq

Now if I could just get my home computer to cooperate with it........
Old 11-24-2009, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default Question?

Will the update work with a Mac? Just got my superchips in the mail.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

I dont know. Sorry. I have not been able to get it to download with Windows yet....The tech line said to un install then reinstall the download program, but I have not had a chance yet. The manufacture date on mine was Oct 26, so I felt whatever is in there could not be too old. Good luck
Old 11-24-2009, 05:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by espdjk08
Will the update work with a Mac? Just got my superchips in the mail.
I was wondering about this myself. We are a Mac household.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PoorDad
My computer recognizes the Flashpaq when I plug it in. The "Connection Wizard" wants to download software for it as if it were a printer or some other device for the computer.

I looked at the date of manufacture on my Flashpaq and saw it was 10-26-09, so I went to my Jeep and programmed it anyway. At least that went smoothly. I sent an e-mail to to Superchips' help desk to see what they will say, too.
The connection wizard is what loads the driver needed for your computer to recognize the Flashpaq. You need to go thorough the install process or the software will not recognize the device. If you hit cancel or close the box it will not install the driver.

Quick Reply: Superchips update trouble....