Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Synergy 4.5 log arm leveling question

Old 11-21-2015, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Synergy 4.5 log arm leveling question

Hey guys, I have a 4.5 inch synergy long arm on my 2015 unlimited and it's incredible, I love it, but as many complain about the stance is definately leaning forward a bit. Who has leveled theirs out? Did you just go 3.5" springs in the rear or does that make the rear sag? Pics and advice much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2873493960.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	604.9 KB
ID:	630687  
Old 11-21-2015, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Like Teraflex & RK, Synergy retains the stock rake. It's intended to accommodate heavy rear bumpers, spare tires and cargo loads. You can adjust in a number of ways using spring spacers in front or shorter springs in the rear. Be sure you got the correct front & rear springs in the kit before you change anything.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SoK66
Like Teraflex & RK, Synergy retains the stock rake. It's intended to accommodate heavy rear bumpers, spare tires and cargo loads. You can adjust in a number of ways using spring spacers in front or shorter springs in the rear. Be sure you got the correct front & rear springs in the kit before you change anything.
It's all correct, I'm not disappointed by it I was expecting it, almost installed 3.5 in the rear from the beginning. I would rather not have to use spacers I want to try and just go straight to 3.5" in rear and call it a day just trying to get some pics
Old 11-21-2015, 12:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Synergy coils have rake built in unless you go 1" higher front or 1" lower rear (choosing coils)
I would just add spacers and be done.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jknit
It's all correct, I'm not disappointed by it I was expecting it, almost installed 3.5 in the rear from the beginning. I would rather not have to use spacers I want to try and just go straight to 3.5" in rear and call it a day just trying to get some pics
Are you planning on adding a rear bumper / tire carrier? If so that'll likely level things out.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Are you planning on adding a rear bumper / tire carrier? If so that'll likely level things out.
I already have a 10a rear bumper, an AEV carrier, and a 37" spare
Old 11-21-2015, 09:21 PM
JK Freak

Like Teraflex & RK, Synergy retains the stock rake. It's intended to accommodate heavy rear bumpers, spare tires and cargo loads.
???? My RK kit leveled my Jeep perfectly. The front fenders actually measure an inch higher than the rears, although the rock rails are level.

And I understand about accommodating for added rear loads, but what about accommodating for a heavy front bumper and winch?
Old 11-22-2015, 05:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by olyelr
???? My RK kit leveled my Jeep perfectly. The front fenders actually measure an inch higher than the rears, although the rock rails are level.

And I understand about accommodating for added rear loads, but what about accommodating for a heavy front bumper and winch?
Spacers get the job done, although Synergy claims they design their springs to compensate. I measured my 4" lift without the bumper & winch, then again after they were reinstalled. Difference was 5/16". Added an extra 1/2" of spacer (by swapping out the standard 1/2" with a 1") and called it good.

Quick Reply: Synergy 4.5 log arm leveling question