Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Synergy draglink flip kit install. Drilling the knuckle was a little nerve wracking

Old 01-13-2014, 04:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK UNLIMITED
My steering has been horrible including DW a couple times and I have that vibration, shimmy feeling as well gonna order this kit and throw it on.i have a TF 3.5" lift with 35's so I think an adjustable front track bar will also be installed...hate having a $45,000 vehicle with less than 10k on it and can't drive it and enjoy it...so you had to buy the drag link kit and the adapter and that is all right?
What ^^^ said. It will help but probably won't cure it. I would look into a grade 8 kit. Check all your torque settings on the bolts. Check your trackbar to see if the bushings are worn. If you do the flip kit then there really isn't a need for an adjustable trackbar unless your bushings are worn in your stock one.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D_engel
have you attempted to find the source? Stock tie rod ends on the tie rod and drag link are known to wear out very quickly. You may also have wallowed out track bar mounts. a drag link flip most likely wont help with your death wobble issues.
I checked everything out really well yesterday after I had the DW and everything is tight but it was right after hitting a manhole cover and it about wrecked the JEEP never had anything like it ever and it sometimes wobbles a little going over train tracks. I think the lift with the over size tires and spacers(forgot about those) and factory stabilizer and track bar is what is giving me the problems.The local 4wd shop tech (great guy and willing to explain things and take you into the shop to show you exactly what he is doing) said the flip kit will make it drive straighter and be less flighty and an aftermarket stabilizer will help. I don't want to just band-aid anything I want it to be right and fun to drive again...
Old 01-13-2014, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well my bushings are not worn out, I checked them so I do not need to put an adjustable track bar on it then? I only have about 3-4,000 miles on the lift, tires and wheels and it is getting worse as the miles increase and I had the wheels checked and the balance is right on...
Old 01-13-2014, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Check ball joints and knuckles and make sure they are straight. Look up planmans diagnosis video on death wobble.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Everything appeared Ok but I will check that out for sure appreciate the help y'all sincerely
Old 01-13-2014, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

Well my bushings are not worn out, I checked them so I do not need to put an adjustable track bar on it then? I only have about 3-4,000 miles on the lift, tires and wheels and it is getting worse as the miles increase and I had the wheels checked and the balance is right on...
The adjustable trackbars are mainly for centering your axle. If your putting in a flip kit it will come with a front trackbar relocation bracket which will recenter the axle also. You can still use an adjustable trackbar to fine tune if needed. However some will give you issues like teraflex. I think the RK and JKS and of course prolly the synergy ones work fine with the flip kits.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the RK adjustable front track bar on my last JEEP 09 Sahara Unlimited with an OME 3.5" on 33" Duratracs and spacers and that thing rode like a dream even better than stock with no steering issues ever and I am wanting that feeling back I loved driving that thing so much I sold my other toys to do more mods to it.Gonna do planmans diagnosis and see what I come up with tomorrow...
Old 01-13-2014, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just peeked at Planmans post for diagnosing DW WOW gonna mark that and read it during the wife's surgery tomorrow...thanks again
Old 01-13-2014, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
The adjustable trackbars are mainly for centering your axle. If your putting in a flip kit it will come with a front trackbar relocation bracket which will recenter the axle also. You can still use an adjustable trackbar to fine tune if needed. However some will give you issues like teraflex. I think the RK and JKS and of course prolly the synergy ones work fine with the flip kits.
Aftermarket adjustable trackbars are not just for centering the axle but are for strength mostly. The trackbar is under an extreme amount of stress with a lift and big tires and has a tendency to flex and cause handling issues down the road as it wares more and more. It is designed for stock rigs and for that will work just fine. For bigger tires and a lift the Aftermarket trackbar is the way to go for axle centering and most importantly strength
Old 01-13-2014, 05:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just peeked at Planmans post for diagnosing DW WOW gonna mark that and read it during the wife's surgery tomorrow...thanks again
I don't recall seeing these on planman's list, but here are two things that are potentially easy fixes.
Verify your castor is 4-6 degrees.
Torque your track bar bolts to 125 LB-FT.

Like others said, the drag link flip is great for handling, but the biggest impact is on roll center. You will feel a great improvement when cornering.

You also have to have 3" bump stops up front or the brackts can hit the frame.

Because it moves the track bar up 3", you probably don't need an adjustable track bar since you have close to 3" of lift. The drag link flip will recenter your axle for you.

The stock stabilizer works well and as long as yours isn't damaged then you should not need to replace it.

Quick Reply: Synergy draglink flip kit install. Drilling the knuckle was a little nerve wracking