Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Synergy draglink flip kit install. Drilling the knuckle was a little nerve wracking

Old 01-16-2014, 05:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
You just lose the ability to ever go back to stock.
Just something to keep in mind.
not really, you could always swap knuckles to someone who want a drag link flip, or buy new knuckles. Not impossible to ever go back stock... but you are correct it would be more work.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For us lazy people rofl
Old 01-16-2014, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
not really, you could always swap knuckles to someone who want a drag link flip, or buy new knuckles. Not impossible to ever go back stock... but you are correct it would be more work.
Or just flip the tapered insert that came with the high steer kit and be done with it. Not a problem to go back to stock at all if you understand why the 7/8" hole was neccessary in the first place.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:20 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebastian
Or just flip the tapered insert that came with the high steer kit and be done with it. Not a problem to go back to stock at all if you understand why the 7/8" hole was neccessary in the first place.

thats true i forgot about the taper insert as I drilled straight thru and used a rod end/bolt. I suppose even on mine i could re drill and put the taper in.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry I'm having to revive a year old thread, but I'm going to be installing Synergy's kit this weekend and have a question regarding the sway bar link lower bolt:

I have JKS adj sway bar links and have heard I might need a longer lower link bolt on the passenger side in order to bolt it on the Synergy bracket. Is this true? How far off am I here? Just trying to get my ducks in a row before the install.

Much appreciated!
Old 02-19-2017, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

Does anybody know the I.D. of the steering knuckle hole for the drag link?

Quick Reply: Synergy draglink flip kit install. Drilling the knuckle was a little nerve wracking