Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Synergy Steering Correction Kit - Drag Link Flip - Does yours do this?

Old 08-28-2016, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synergy Steering Correction Kit - Drag Link Flip - Does yours do this?

I've had the kit on now for around 9k miles and maybe one off-road trip. Seems the spring slipped off the boot. Got it back on no problem but not sure how long it was like that allowing debris in there. Anyone else with the Synergy kit have to fix this regularly? Hoping it was a one time thing but now I guess I'll have to inspect it much more regularly.
Click image for larger version

Name:	08282016 015.JPG
Views:	428
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	655536
Old 08-28-2016, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My boots are all torn. I grease them every oil change ensuring they're getting fresh grease. Jeep gets abused and I haven't had an issue in 2 years.

The boots hide the mess of having grease everywhere. Don't worry
Old 08-28-2016, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same setup and similar problem. Found a couple rubber boots from synergy's older style tre's, they worked better. (Call Synergy/Poly Performance) I also have a psc ram so I went with synergy's thicker boots to keep the tie rod from rocking up/down. So essentially i went away from the spring held boots, they never stayed on when they were on the setup to start... Like the links, have a couple other synergy products, well made.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2380329570.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	471.4 KB
ID:	655538
Old 08-28-2016, 04:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My boots on my synergy tie rod do that, not so much the drag link. I think every time I've gone to grease them (every 5-6k miles) I've needed to put a spring back in place on one of them. As long as you are greasing them regularly I don't think it's a big deal just fix the springs back in place when you notice it.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have found that if there is less grease in the boot it stays on better. The grease in the boot is really wasted anyway. They don't need to be bulging with grease.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, cool. Thanks ya'll. I won't worry too much then in-between maintenance intervals. I do oil/grease on the 5's and will fix again as needed during my regular interval.

How much grease do you put in normally? I have the two Synergy joints and one on my front 1310 to grease. Been pulling the pistol grip three times each.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Personal preference on how much lube is needed... There is not much space to fill in any TRE, BJ or UJ, so either listen or look to see when the Lube emerges from the joint. Keep in mind there is already lube in the joint, unless its new. Too much added then you'll have a mess 50miles down the road, especially from a UJ.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:00 AM
JK Junkie

Happened all the time with mine. Keep fresh grease in the joint and it will be fine or get a new boot .. They are cheap.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Before posting here to learn about others experiences I had sent an email direct to Synergy support. They responded promptly and offered to send me their newer boot design. I accepted and within a few days I had them in the mail. That there is an example of excellent customer service and why Synergy will continue to get my money.

Quick Reply: Synergy Steering Correction Kit - Drag Link Flip - Does yours do this?