Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tactik heavy duty carrier install​= rattling tailgate

Old 03-20-2017, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tactik heavy duty carrier install​= rattling tailgate

Just installed the Tactik heavy duty hinge on my 16 jku with 35's and the stock carrier with extension. When I had the stock carrier and extension bracket with stock hinge everything was actually ok, but now with the new hinge there is a rattling or not clunking sound in the tailgate whenever I go over and kind of bumps.

Really discouraging and might return it and get the full teraflex kit.

Anyone have any experiences with Tactik?
Old 03-20-2017, 07:32 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Could be the old hinges left more weight on the latch. Now, with the new, heavy duty hinges, the load on the latch is less, which allows the gate to move up and down a little over the bumps.

If that's the case, wrap some plastic electrical tape on the striker. See if it stops the rattling.

Old 10-06-2017, 03:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dozer311
Just installed the Tactik heavy duty hinge on my 16 jku with 35's and the stock carrier with extension. When I had the stock carrier and extension bracket with stock hinge everything was actually ok, but now with the new hinge there is a rattling or not clunking sound in the tailgate whenever I go over and kind of bumps.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same right now. I have a new hinge on its way from Quadratec, and it seems like this might just be a regular issue with the RR/Tactik hinge
Old 10-07-2017, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dozer311

I just installed the Tereflex with the tire carrier and it is a beast with a Hyline bumper and no rattles. Very happy with both.

Quick Reply: Tactik heavy duty carrier install​= rattling tailgate