Tatton Driveshafts???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tatton Driveshafts???

Who is using the Tatton drive shafts? I have heard all about how you can get a Tatton shaft with everything needed in for around $250. I called him this weekend and he told me it would be $425 for my 2 door JK with 4.5" lift. Has anybody else used Tatton? If so, how much did it cost you?
    2008 JK 2 door X
    4.5" SkyJacker Full Flex
    SkyJacker Adjustable Control Arms
    Aussie Locker
    Tatton Driveshafts
    36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL Radials
    15x8 Eagles
    Rock Solid Fab custom designed front stubby with stinger
    Smittybilt XRC-8 winch
    Custom Built Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier
    Chopped Fenders
    Hellas

I could not quite get the cost to be the same they advertised on ebay, but they are fair. I wasn't sure what options I needed so I decided to buy an off-the-shelf option from Reel. Tatton's quality appears good, and they seem to know what they're selling (so much so that I was unsure about the options). They are also the maker of the private label shafts for one of our sponsors.
    Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Who is using the Tatton drive shafts? I have heard all about how you can get a Tatton shaft with everything needed in for around $250. I called him this weekend and he told me it would be $425 for my 2 door JK with 4.5" lift. Has anybody else used Tatton? If so, how much did it cost you?

I've corresponded with him some. He knows what he's doing.
    The difference between conservatives and liberals is becoming less and less. Scary, isn't it?

Rob

So I want to resurrect this thread... Anyone running tatton driveshafts? How do they compare to tom woods, je reel, etc.???

I got a quote for both shafts 1310, using spicer ujoints for my 4" lift of around $450 shipped. Seems like an incredible deal...Any thoughts? Are all 1310 driveshafts created the same, is there a difference between these and those offered by reel, woods, or any others?

Hopefully someone out there is running these driveshafts and can attest to their reliability.
    2007 Graystone Wrangler X

2 dr | 6 spd | 5.13s & Aussie Locker | AEM Brute Force | Flowmaster 40 | Grill Mod | ORF Stubby | 4" Superlift
    TeraFlex Full Flex Arms | PureJeep Sliders | Down N Dirty Rear Bumper | EVO LCA Skids & Gussets | PSC Evap Skid
    Skid Row Engine Skid | Superwinch Epi 9.0S | JKS Quick Discos | Redneck Ram | IPF 920H4 | Cobra 75 | 4' Firestik
    Rhino Lined | Coverking Seat Covers | Husky Liners | RR Fuel Door | 17" AEV Pintler Beadlocks | 37" MTRs

I can! Moab tested 3 times!! Have had it for over a year and no probs! Way cheaper than I could find from others. Tattons installed it for me too! Stated they would stand behind their product....but if I don't have any problems, how can I prove that?! Their shop is in Salt Lake City so I had to give em a chance!

The police never think it's as funny.....

www.northridge4x4.com

Default joneszj... Tatton

Quote Originally Posted by joneszj View Post
    So I want to resurrect this thread... Anyone running tatton driveshafts? How do they compare to tom woods, je reel, etc.???

I got a quote for both shafts 1310, using spicer ujoints for my 4" lift of around $450 shipped. Seems like an incredible deal...Any thoughts? Are all 1310 driveshafts created the same, is there a difference between these and those offered by reel, woods, or any others?

Hopefully someone out there is running these driveshafts and can attest to their reliability.
    Hi joneszj,

I can't comment on the reliability (yet). I can comment on the quality and the price.

I received front and rear driveshafts from Tatton last week. I will be doing the install later this week, or maybe next week. They both look great (not that looking great means much in the long-term).

The price I paid was the same (within a few dollars) as what I would have paid for Tom Wood or Coast.

I'll post any future experiences.

Jeff
    2008 Detonator Yellow 2-Door Rubicon
    Auto
    OME LT Kit from Northridge
    Rear Upper Currie Adjustable CAs
    JKS Adjustable Rear Spring Mounts
    Tatton Driveshafts - Ft & Rr
    LoD Front Short Bumper w/Stinger
    LoD Rock Rails
    Woods EVAP Relocation Kit
    Superwinch EPi 9.0
    Cobra 75 with Toad/Bullfrog Microphone Mount
    FlowMaster 50 Located Under the Driver's Side Tub
    35X15X12.5 Goodyear MT/Rs on Cragar 15" Streetlocks

Red Rock 4-Wheelers - J.P. Frog Off Roaders - Blueribbon Coalition

JK Freak

I see the 1310/1350 Tatton's advertised on ebay. Do these prices include the flanges/end yokes? Are they a direct bolt on replacement?

Those prices DO NOT include yokes. You will be 425 or so with yokes. I bought mine last week had them shipped overnight and couldn't be happier. I don't think there is a much cheaper option, all these shops we have talked about use high quality parts and they are expensive. I tested mine in Moab on as high as level 8 trails for the last five days with no problems.
    http://www.northridge4x4.com/

5.7 HEMI 6.1 cam,Unlimited, 5:38s, teraflex 6 inch long arm,flat fenders,Pure Jeep front stubby LOD rear bumper, 9.5 ti winch, LOD sliders, Fox racing shocks,speedbumps, Dynatrac full floating 60s, Spyderlock wheels, 39.5 Iroks, PSC hydro assist

Default river2c... I Couldn't Find the JK Shafts on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by river2c View Post
    I see the 1310/1350 Tatton's advertised on ebay. Do these prices include the flanges/end yokes? Are they a direct bolt on replacement?
    Hi river2c,

I couldn't find the correct shaft on Ebay. I called the telephone number that I found listed on the Ebay site.

The price I paid included everything required... and, no, they are not a direct bolt-on replacement.

Thanks

Jeff
    2008 Detonator Yellow 2-Door Rubicon
    Auto
    OME LT Kit from Northridge
    Rear Upper Currie Adjustable CAs
    JKS Adjustable Rear Spring Mounts
    Tatton Driveshafts - Ft & Rr
    LoD Front Short Bumper w/Stinger
    LoD Rock Rails
    Woods EVAP Relocation Kit
    Superwinch EPi 9.0
    Cobra 75 with Toad/Bullfrog Microphone Mount
    FlowMaster 50 Located Under the Driver's Side Tub
    35X15X12.5 Goodyear MT/Rs on Cragar 15" Streetlocks

Red Rock 4-Wheelers - J.P. Frog Off Roaders - Blueribbon Coalition

I haven't been very happy with Tatton driveshafts. Unbelievably offbalanced from the start. Next time I'll probably go with Coast or Tom Woods

11. Default JK-Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast