Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex BB 2.5" lift

Old 09-02-2014, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex BB 2.5" lift

I purchased a Teraflex 2.5" BB lift for my new 4dr JKUR. This rig is going to be my DD.
I also have a 13' JKR with a Teraflex 2.5" Spring/Coil lift with shocks and that goes great...great quality ride too.

I didn't want to spend a lot of $$ at this time, and I'm hoping I didn't make a mistake. The BB kit I bought was with shock adapters. It also included a drop bracket for the rear.
After installation, I test drove the vehicle and it goes "ok". Felt like it was nose diving because the caster is out. Didn't like the feel of the ride at all.
I remembered that I had brand new AEV drop brackets that I purchased for my other rig and never used. I put them on the 4dr and now it seems to go a lot better.
The last thing I don't really care for is the drop bracket in the rear. It makes the back end a little twitchy when you hit a bump.
What would be best option to get rid of the drop bracket? I'm also looking at installing Teraflex Monster Track Bars front and rear.....like my other ride.
Any suggestions?
Old 09-02-2014, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, like you, I've had both lifts. Teraflex 2.5" BB with shock extensions on a '11 jk. Rode fine and did fine offroad.
I have a Teraflex 2.5" with shocks and coils on my '14 jku. and it drives nice and performs nice. Would've liked to get quick discos for the front.
At any rate, the track bar brackets are different for the BB and the shock lift. I actually like the bracket that bolts to the frame better. Not the one that attaches to the axle.
But I've haven't had any issues with either lift so far. Doesn't "nose dive"

Quick Reply: Teraflex BB 2.5" lift