Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex: big brake kit help

Old 03-19-2014, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any assistance teraflex?
Old 03-19-2014, 02:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it should be possible to even get an OEM HD brake kit.
The export JKs got bigger brakes when they upgraded the diesel engine for MY2011. (maybe even 2010)
Anyone ever tried this??

Last edited by crusaderJK; 03-19-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MF11283
any assistance teraflex?
Who have you been talking to here at TeraFlex?
Old 03-19-2014, 03:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Is the clearance issue the same on both sides?

Unless there's some production issue now we don't know about, the TF BBK has been a solid winner from day one for overcoming JKs weak braking system. I run them on Spyntec hubs, along with their master cyl, and they've been as the Brit would say, the bees knees. I'd pull everything down and see if you've got an issue with the unit bearing, etc. that's spacing the rotor out too far.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called teraflex .... So now I need help. what is wrong here. Im hoping teraflex will chime in here and help me out
any assistance teraflex?
Originally Posted by TeraFlex
On a side note TF the Caliper to bracket hold down bolts are WAY over torqued out of the box! That poor bolt nearly snapped backing them out to rock the caliper back for pad install.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
I actually dont remember who I spoke with on the phone, but the first call I emailed pictures and they called me back to inform me new rotors were on the way, second call was about 2 min of just identifying my self explaining what went on and new brackets were on the way. I will PM you my contact info and the email address of who ever I emailed the pictures too and Im sure you can look it up
Old 03-20-2014, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SoK66
Is the clearance issue the same on both sides?

Unless there's some production issue now we don't know about, the TF BBK has been a solid winner from day one for overcoming JKs weak braking system. I run them on Spyntec hubs, along with their master cyl, and they've been as the Brit would say, the bees knees. I'd pull everything down and see if you've got an issue with the unit bearing, etc. that's spacing the rotor out too far.

I didnt try both sides Im not yanking the whole thing apart if I am going to put it right back. second Im not ripping the front end apart to see if a bearing isnt seated right or something, its got 8000 miles its chryslers problem if there is something wrong with that side. however the factory brackets I would say have about 3/16th of an inch clearance not a few thousandths. the factory bracket is centered almost perfectly over the rotor, if a bearing or something isnt seated correct the issue would be the same on the factory caliper bracket

Quick Reply: Teraflex: big brake kit help