Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex Big Brake kit versus Dynatrac Pro Grip brake kit

Old 07-03-2015, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChairRepairHeatnAir
EBC is more geared towards racing applications. Their yellow stuff pads are the best option for a DD, but they don't improve braking power much, just brake fade. The other ones grip more, but take longer to warm up and wear the pad and rotor out faster.
Ahhh I stand corrected. The last time I was really looking was when I still had my car. I was considering getting the yellow stuff pads though.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well I've put a few hundred miles now on the dynatrac brakes and I have to say they make a huge difference and they do everything they are advertised to do. I've ran other brake systems on other JKs, but I think this is the nicest I've had. They were an easy install, they make no noise, they cut nose diving when hard braking, and they give me peace of mind in heavy traffic.
Still on my list to do/test: trailer towing, steep off road trails, and two foot (gas/brake) driving in the rocks. All said, I'm an extremely satisfied customer!
Old 07-06-2015, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Still loving the TF BBK, but...

Still loving the Teraflex BBK but they are now producing a high pitched squeal with normal pressure applied to the pedal. It's not existent with a firm push but more common braking power it's heard. Now that I've had my top off the past 7-8 days it's even more obvious.

Anyone else seeing this?

Teraflex if you're listening do you recommend a fix?
Old 07-29-2015, 05:31 AM
KMM
JK Enthusiast

For those running the dynatrac progrip system....any tips or tricks on the install? I'm installing mine this weekend and any advice on the best approach is much appreciated.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:58 AM
JK Newbie

I installed the Dynatrac Pro Grip system on my 2015 JKU with 35's last Friday. I maybe notice a little bit of a difference but I don't feel the possible tiny improvement was worth the $1000 I spent on the upgrade. I installed the system to a T and did the recommended bedding process. The only thing is that I have not put the recommended 200 miles on the brakes yet so I really have not done a test of slamming on the brakes yet. My experience and opinion so far is based on just light day to day driving.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KMM
For those running the dynatrac progrip system....any tips or tricks on the install? I'm installing mine this weekend and any advice on the best approach is much appreciated.
Super easy install, just follow the directions and use your torque wrench.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hastingsrussell
I installed the Dynatrac Pro Grip system on my 2015 JKU with 35's last Friday. I maybe notice a little bit of a difference but I don't feel the possible tiny improvement was worth the $1000 I spent on the upgrade. I installed the system to a T and did the recommended bedding process. The only thing is that I have not put the recommended 200 miles on the brakes yet so I really have not done a test of slamming on the brakes yet. My experience and opinion so far is based on just light day to day driving.
I installed the pro grips on my JKUR about 3 weeks ago. I notice a marked improvement!

I'm running toyo 37's, steel wheels (125lbs total!), armor, etc and had a few very close calls where I barely missed collisions in traffic with the stock brakes. I mean like I had my foot to the floor and was braced for impact knowing there wasn't any power left in the brakes.

Now what I notice with the pro grips is less pedal effort and there hasn't been a time yet where I felt the brakes were maxed out. In normal traffic I can stop when cut off and still know there is a safety margin where I could have stopped quicker if needed. And when I tried a few panic stops to test them out they were noticeably more powerful. I recommend them for sure maybe your rig isn't heavy enough to notice the difference but I sure do. I would buy them again!
Old 07-29-2015, 08:57 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sazerac_TX
Still loving the Teraflex BBK but they are now producing a high pitched squeal with normal pressure applied to the pedal. It's not existent with a firm push but more common braking power it's heard. Now that I've had my top off the past 7-8 days it's even more obvious.

Anyone else seeing this?

Teraflex if you're listening do you recommend a fix?
Are the brake pad clips still in place?
Old 07-29-2015, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Biginboca
I installed the pro grips on my JKUR about 3 weeks ago. I notice a marked improvement!

I'm running toyo 37's, steel wheels (125lbs total!), armor, etc and had a few very close calls where I barely missed collisions in traffic with the stock brakes. I mean like I had my foot to the floor and was braced for impact knowing there wasn't any power left in the brakes.

Now what I notice with the pro grips is less pedal effort and there hasn't been a time yet where I felt the brakes were maxed out. In normal traffic I can stop when cut off and still know there is a safety margin where I could have stopped quicker if needed. And when I tried a few panic stops to test them out they were noticeably more powerful. I recommend them for sure maybe your rig isn't heavy enough to notice the difference but I sure do. I would buy them again!
That could be, I am only running 35"s with factory bumpers, no armor or anything else. Also, since I have not put 200 miles on them yet I have not really tested them hard. One thing I have noticed is with the factory brakes just slightly touching the pedal you don't feel anything you would have to push the pedal all the way down for the brakes to engage, but with the Pro Grip system now if I barely touch the pedal I do feel the brakes start to engage.
Old 07-29-2015, 02:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Biginboca

My questions is how can the Dynatrac provide better breaking when the Terflex kit comes with a larger Caliper with increased clamping force? I understand about leverage, but even if the Teraflex comes with a 1" smaller rotor, you would think the bigger caliper would compensate (Assuming equal pads).

I live in Irvine and the Chins are HORRIFIC drivers. I smacked a guy 2 weeks ago at around 5 mph because he decided to leave as soon as the light turned green and then apply his brakes for no appraent reason, defitniley could have used a brake upgrade, defintiley on my short list!

Quick Reply: Teraflex Big Brake kit versus Dynatrac Pro Grip brake kit