Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex Big Brake kit versus Dynatrac Pro Grip brake kit

Old 09-29-2015, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
...would love to see a magazine or neutral 3rd party do a full comparison between the 2 kits.
That's what I'm waiting for and hope it happens soon.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Going to revive this thread maybe.....

Any more information from you guys on these two systems. I'd like to do this soon. Rather not fly off black Bear pass this fourth of July
Old 05-20-2016, 05:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an update. Been running the pro grips since last summer. The rear pads lasted less than 20k miles and already needed to be replaced. Dynatrac said if I am unhappy with the pad life I can go back to stock pads. I got 37k miles out of my first set of stock pads and 45k out of my second set of stock rears before the pro grips were installed.

FYI replacement rear pads from Dynatrac directly were about $60 so not terribly expensive but the life isn't great.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeeptang
Going to revive this thread maybe.....

Any more information from you guys on these two systems. I'd like to do this soon. Rather not fly off black Bear pass this fourth of July
Either will be a major improvement. But, frankly the Mopar performance BBK P5160051 at $650 is the best value out there.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SoK66
Either will be a major improvement. But, frankly the Mopar performance BBK P5160051 at $650 is the best value out there.
How does the Mopar compare to dynatrac then. I have a buddy in parts Dept at Jeep. Curious as to how you base your comment. Interested in the Mopar tol
Old 05-20-2016, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I called him on the Mopar. It was for the front only. B
Master cylinder, booster, brake lines, 13" rotors, dual piston calipers and pads. $649.00. Don't seem too bad
Old 05-20-2016, 08:51 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

On pad wear with any brake system, a lot depends on the driving style, and the weight of the vehicle. The performance pad material we use in our ProGrip kits is a higher friction compound than the factory pads, so they will naturally wear faster than a stock pad.

One of the design features of the Dynatrac ProGrip kit is retaining the stock calipers. This means you can switch back to the factory pads if you want. They will last longer, but you will give up some of the braking performance of the system.

A big advantage of our ProGrip kit is not having to touch the hydraulic part of the brake system for installation, eliminating the need to bleed the brakes, which on a modern ABS system requires more than just the old method of crack the bleeder screw, pump the pedal, close the bleeder screw. ProGrip is a one-man job: simple, straightforward, and without changing master cylinder or calipers, you end up with much more powerful, street and trail capable brakes at all four corners of your Jeep.

Check out the link for our ProGrip page on the Dynatrac website, and the embedded video that shows the before and after results of installing a ProGrip system from third parties:

ProGrip? for the Jeep JK

and this story as well: Dynatrac Delivers Greater Grip For Jeep Wrangler JK Brake Systems - Off Road Xtreme
Old 05-20-2016, 10:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
On pad wear with any brake system, a lot depends on the driving style, and the weight of the vehicle. The performance pad material we use in our ProGrip kits is a higher friction compound than the factory pads, so they will naturally wear faster than a stock pad. One of the design features of the Dynatrac ProGrip kit is retaining the stock calipers. This means you can switch back to the factory pads if you want. They will last longer, but you will give up some of the braking performance of the system. A big advantage of our ProGrip kit is not having to touch the hydraulic part of the brake system for installation, eliminating the need to bleed the brakes, which on a modern ABS system requires more than just the old method of crack the bleeder screw, pump the pedal, close the bleeder screw. ProGrip is a one-man job: simple, straightforward, and without changing master cylinder or calipers, you end up with much more powerful, street and trail capable brakes at all four corners of your Jeep. Check out the link for our ProGrip page on the Dynatrac website, and the embedded video that shows the before and after results of installing a ProGrip system from third parties: ProGrip? for the Jeep JK and this story as well: Dynatrac Delivers Greater Grip For Jeep Wrangler JK Brake Systems - Off Road Xtreme
You guys make some pretty outstanding stuff which i am definately a fan of not to mention being made in America and all but this coming from an average joe I will tell you your prices are very high across the board. I understand the whole "pay for quality" but your prices I feel exceed that expression. You guys snapped out of it a little bit by lowering the price of your rebuild kit for the balljoints and that's great. But $1k for brackets, rotors and pads? Again this is coming from the average middle income earner that is neither wealthy nor poor just giving out an opinion shared by many I know in this community. Once again a big fan of dynatrac and I share these thoughts with nothing but respect for the company and its employees.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

That American stamp is worth the extra for me. But it would sell like hotcakes if the price point could be closer to the other options without losing quality. I'm on the fence but leaning towards dynatrac
Old 05-20-2016, 10:51 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte417
You guys make some pretty outstanding stuff which i am definately a fan of not to mention being made in America and all but this coming from an average joe I will tell you your prices are very high across the board. I understand the whole "pay for quality" but your prices I feel exceed that expression. You guys snapped out of it a little bit by lowering the price of your rebuild kit for the balljoints and that's great. But $1k for brackets, rotors and pads? Again this is coming from the average middle income earner that is neither wealthy nor poor just giving out an opinion shared by many I know in this community. Once again a big fan of dynatrac and I share these thoughts with nothing but respect for the company and its employees.
Thanks Monte417 for the compliments about our products and the input on pricing!

Quick Reply: Teraflex Big Brake kit versus Dynatrac Pro Grip brake kit