Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex Big Brake kit versus Dynatrac Pro Grip brake kit

Old 04-27-2015, 05:37 PM
RC3
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
The front and rear brake improvement is also significantly better when a failed ascent of hill requires holding the car in place. The Dynatrac kit will assist the driver better to recover and maintain control as you back down the hill. It also holds the car much easier and with much less pedal effort when heading down steep grades.
This looks like a good kit, but why would anyone put it on a "car"?
Old 04-27-2015, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the BR6 import brakes on my JK and can tell you that they are a significant improvement. Not sure why someone stated that they were the nearly the same price as the Teraflex solution. I spent approximately $350 for the entire upgrade including the larger rotors. I got my rotors directly from Crown (they sell the import part in the US) which saved about $100 but the calipers and brackets all came from Mopar.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:35 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Biginboca
Dynatrac,

I'm shopping and looking hard at your brake kit. In a few years can the front and rear pads and rotors be ordered as seperate parts for maintenance? I haven't seen them listed anywhere except as a whole kit. On jk typically the factory rear brakes last half as long as the front I would like to make sure I can order seperate parts for maintenance as needed.
You will certainly be able to order parts any time in the future. Dynatrac has been in business since 1988. We still service the customers that bought axles and products over 25 years ago. We will be here for you.

I don't believe any of our dealers are stocking parts yet, because there is no demand. However, parts can be ordered by end users or dealers right now.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sdr0303
I have the BR6 import brakes on my JK and can tell you that they are a significant improvement. Not sure why someone stated that they were the nearly the same price as the Teraflex solution. I spent approximately $350 for the entire upgrade including the larger rotors. I got my rotors directly from Crown (they sell the import part in the US) which saved about $100 but the calipers and brackets all came from Mopar.
Would you mind sharing details? Is there another thread somewhere?
Old 04-29-2015, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is another thread on this with the actual part numbers and the place to buy them. Search "BR6 Brakes" and you'll find it.

I just followed the suggestions and ordered the parts online. The rotors are simple, you can go to Crowns website and put in the Mopar part # for the larger rotors and they have a replacement part for it.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the Teraflex kit available for the rear yet ?
Old 06-07-2015, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am glad Dynatrac chimed in here since I tend to discount advertisers and recommendations form that "other forum" which is so biased and seemingly shady that it is sometimes hard to trust the reviews and recommendations. A few guys there are legit and experienced but it is hard to differentiate with the heavy bias present, and a few members dominate the conversation. The Dynatrac setup does look very good. I have heard good things about the Teraflex in the past. I'd probably like to have the front and back done but start with the front to see how it does and balances...there may be no need for the rears. I did use the Black Magic pads only since I bought the when my JKUR was pretty new...no need to change rotors. The improvement over stock braking (with 35s) is significant and the investment was low. I have used them on two Jeeps and am pretty happy with them.

I recently heard of the Mopar Performance kit and like it too- a friend is installing it on a Jeep and will let me know what he thinks. It is front-only as well. The stock setup was pretty dismal once I switched to 35s so I did the Black Magic pads but am still keeping an eye out for a more comprehensive kit.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just called Teraflex and now they are saying fall.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:10 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
..... We are very confident in the 30% improvement of the all-4-wheel braking capacity the Dynatrac kit provides.....
Dynatrac,

I see no mention of an upgraded master cylinder, and "Won’t require you to bleed", so I presume the cylinder remains stock, right?
Old 06-09-2015, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GJeep

Dynatrac,

I see no mention of an upgraded master cylinder, and "Won’t require you to bleed", so I presume the cylinder remains stock, right?
They use brackets to move the stock calipers outward. So there is no need for a new MC

Quick Reply: Teraflex Big Brake kit versus Dynatrac Pro Grip brake kit