Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TeraFlex Tuned Fox Reservoir w/Adjuster Front & Rear Shock Absorber Kit Installed

Old 04-13-2016, 04:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TeraFlex Tuned Fox Reservoir w/Adjuster Front & Rear Shock Absorber Kit Installed

Got these in today and Put them in after I got off work. The Install was straight forward. I recommend you have 1 Ratcheting 18mm Wrench handy and a Fixed 18mm wrench to do this.

So after getting these on I noticed on the lowest setting these bad boys are stiff. Anyone Know if these have to be broken in because dang these babies were a beast to compress by hand to get in.

One thing is they do not give you a lot of line to run the reservoirs anywhere but on top of each other. Originally I was hoping to place these out of harms way but there is just not enough line to do so. I'm sure you could add some or special order it with longer lines so just Keep that in mind.

I disconnected the front and tired to flex it in my driveway but I really don't know if I need to extend the bump stops just yet I think they are good to go for now. I''ll keep an eye on it though and hopefully they will break in so I can start playing with the adjusters.

Here are a few pictures of the install and product.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Shock Box.JPG
Views:	379
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	643743   Click image for larger version

Name:	All4.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	643744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Before.JPG
Views:	513
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	643745   Click image for larger version

Name:	After.JPG
Views:	1507
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	643746   Click image for larger version

Name:	AlldoneRear.JPG
Views:	481
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	643747  

Click image for larger version

Name:	CloseUP.JPG
Views:	1050
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	643748   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Extended.JPG
Views:	4171
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	643749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Side.JPG
Views:	3019
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	643750   Click image for larger version

Name:	Poser2.JPG
Views:	427
Size:	3.41 MB
ID:	643751   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Angle.JPG
Views:	655
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	643752  

Click image for larger version

Name:	RearExhaust.JPG
Views:	447
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	643753   Click image for larger version

Name:	RearSideEXT.JPG
Views:	423
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	643754   Click image for larger version

Name:	RearSideFlex.JPG
Views:	465
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	643755   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side.JPG
Views:	362
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	643756  
Old 04-14-2016, 01:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking shocks! I have been contemplating replacing my Fox 2.0 non reservoir with these. Unfortunately, I am not sure if they break in, I have read elsewhere that shocks DO NOT break in meaning the way they are valved doesn't change over time. Is the ride more controlled, predictable than your previous shocks?
Old 04-14-2016, 02:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the TeraFlex Tuned Fox Shocks with no adjustment and they ride great. I'm interested in seeing how these work. I would think turning the know would help you go from stiff to soft...

Good luck.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:39 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
I have the TeraFlex Tuned Fox Shocks with no adjustment and they ride great. I'm interested in seeing how these work. I would think turning the know would help you go from stiff to soft...

Good luck.
You know you can send your shocks into Fox and have the Adjusters installed. I don't know the pricing but I'm sure a quick call to them and they could answer your questions. I like the fact that you can also rebuild ours

After work today I think I'm going to do 3 clicks up front and 4 in the rear. I'll let you know how that go's
Old 04-14-2016, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
You know you can send your shocks into Fox and have the Adjusters installed. I don't know the pricing but I'm sure a quick call to them and they could answer your questions. I like the fact that you can also rebuild ours

After work today I think I'm going to do 3 clicks up front and 4 in the rear. I'll let you know how that go's
Great! What coils are you running with the shocks?
Old 04-14-2016, 09:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice! Love to have me some of those.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:19 PM
JK Junkie

Default New Fox LSC Adjusters Explained

Originally Posted by jeepfan30
Great! What coils are you running with the shocks?
AEV 3.5

Aev 3 5" Lift Front and Rear Coils and Bump Stops | eBay

So Apparently they changed their CD Adjusters to LSC. I think the only difference is these have 10 clicks instead of 8 correct me if I'm wrong. Also the Adjusters only control the Up travel at (Low Speed Compression) not the down travel. In order to control that Fox offers a DSC (Dual Speed Compression) at a mind blowing $299 Just for the Adjuster not the shock add the shock and its $600 per Shock!!! Where the LSC add-on is only a Mere $119. I paid a little over $1400 for the kit with shipping.

The Technology has greatly improved in the past 10 years. But with improvements comes confusion. At first I had them turned all the way up for stiffness. It was great on the road the Jeep handled like a sports car. I took a fast left hand turn at line 45 MPH there was almost no body roll but the tires did make that scuffing noise. That was on the highest setting of 10 stiffness. I wanted to try it again on level 5 same turn and it was a different story the Jeep body rolled and the front passenger tire dove down a little.

So I figure I like a stiff ride on the streets and I like to drive it like to stole it, so I'll run at 10 on the roads.

Off-Road I'll probably Run a 3 or 4. The lower the number the easier the shock will compress for flexing. I don't want to run a 1 Because I do like to have a small amount of speed on easy trails.

I like the Adjustably but it just adds another step its kinda like Older Jeeps with the hubs you had to turn on. Now If I hit a real hard trail I'm going to be getting out to turn them all the way down. Pretty much I'm lazy...lol... then when I want to go fast I'll be getting out to go into Pre-Runner mode and Turn them up.

Name:	FoxBoxes.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	643813  
Old 04-15-2016, 06:44 PM
JK Junkie

Default Adjuster Operation

I called Fox Today. They confirmed it. Turning the Adjuster Clockwise will Stiffen the ride for Faster speeds or Pre-Running. Turning the Adjuster Counter-Clockwise will soften the shocks for Rock Crawling.

Thank You Ben from Fox for Answering my questions.

Name:	LSC_Adjuster.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	643939  

Quick Reply: TeraFlex Tuned Fox Reservoir w/Adjuster Front & Rear Shock Absorber Kit Installed