Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teralex 3" lift install quick question

Old 11-22-2014, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teralex 3" lift install quick question

Does anyone know what the thing on top of the spring isolator is in the picture? This is how it was packaged in the box. There's no mention of it in the crappy instructions. It looks like it could be a spacer of some sort but where does it go? The only place I can see would be between the Teraflex isolator and the factory isolator or does it replace the factory one? Instructions say to reuse factory isolator and shows it in the pictures but this part is not in there. I'm kinda stuck until I figure it out. I was really hoping to get this job knocked out today. If anyone can help I sure would appreciate it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	585283
Old 11-22-2014, 11:15 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

front spacer?

http://www.teraflex.biz/products/sus...hicle_type=300

Yeah, looks like a front 1/2" spacer sitting on top of a rear 1/2" spacer
Old 11-22-2014, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
front spacer?

Jeep Suspensions and Suspension Kits web store | TeraFlex Suspensions

Yeah, looks like a front 1/2" spacer sitting on top of a rear 1/2" spacer
Holy crap!!! Sure enough, that's it. Fantastic! I've already finished the front end and there was no mention of it there either. So, do I need it? I'll tear it back down if I have to but Jesus! I hope someone from teraflex sees this post because for the investment, those instructions were really sparse. Thanks for the quick response nthinuf, I think I'll just stew on this for a while and hit the treestand til dark
Old 11-22-2014, 01:15 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Probably just an oops at the factory and you got an extra part by mistake? But, what kit did you get? You said you are already done with the front, was it coils or spacers? Is your jeep sitting level (or will it be level once the rear is done)?

TF is fairly active here, so I'm sure they'll see this thread and comment.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Probably just an oops at the factory and you got an extra part by mistake? But, what kit did you get? You said you are already done with the front, was it coils or spacers? Is your jeep sitting level (or will it be level once the rear is done)?

TF is fairly active here, so I'm sure they'll see this thread and comment.
It's the 1256200 3" with coils, shocks, spacers, and lower front and upper rear control arms. The spacers are pictured but they're grouped with the parts for the rear in the pic. In the instructions it says if you don't reuse the factory spring isolator with the tf spacer in the rear you'll be 1/2" lower than the front. So I guess you could say if I left the front and rear spacers out, I'll have a 2.5" lift for the price of a 3"?
Here's a link to the lift kit.

TeraFlex Part 1256200 - 3" Suspension System with Full Flex Arms - Fits 2007 to 2015 JK Wrangler Unlimited and Rubicon Unlimited - 4 Wheel Drive

Quick Reply: Teralex 3" lift install quick question