Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of going with Rancho XL9000's Shocks

Old 06-22-2014, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D_engel
Not just bc of length. You have a top stud on the front shocks and bar pins on the rear. As far as length goes, the mounting locations allow for a longer shock up front.

Attachment 561237

Someone posted this as a good quick reference

You live in Socal. You won't need to worry about them rusting.
thats right, I remember that now from when I put on my rubi shocks.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just an fyi but offroad elements can do paypal also. That is where I got my rancho 9000's. The customer service is second to none IMO
Old 06-22-2014, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Softtailfreek
Just an fyi but offroad elements can do paypal also. That is where I got my rancho 9000's. The customer service is second to none IMO
They are right at 399 for the set of 4. Am I missing something here?

Rancho RS9000XL Series High Performance Shock Set (JK Wrangler 2007-2014) - Offroad Elements

4 wheel parts seems tempting because I might be able to pick them up after work on monday or tues.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:18 PM
JK Junkie

Hey that's my chart

26/28 work for stock up to 2"

29/30 are good for 2-3"

31/32 are good for 3-4"

Obviously you can run a longer shock with the right size bump stop.

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed
Old 06-22-2014, 10:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ShiftKnowledge
They are right at 399 for the set of 4. Am I missing something here?

Rancho RS9000XL Series High Performance Shock Set (JK Wrangler 2007-2014) - Offroad Elements

4 wheel parts seems tempting because I might be able to pick them up after work on monday or tues.
Did you contact the offroad elements rep? Look them up in the vendor section, his name is Eric. He got them to me for less than that and Rancho has a rebate that expires june 30th. You should get $100.00 visa card for buying 4 shocks.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:24 AM
JK Newbie

I am so glad I'm not the only one who got Rubicon shocks and absolutely hated the ride. I got some off of a 2014 with about 300 miles on them. Rode like crap.

Luckily, Rancho (and Amazon) warrantied my shocks when all 4 adjustment knobs froze up (rusted up) and could not be repaired with new ones. I did clear coat the new shocks and turned the rears inward. So far so good, but they haven't seen winter yet.

I love the 9000XL's, and I think I was just so used to their ride that the Rubi shocks just couldn't compete with them. I have a heavy-ish 2 door and run 3 or 4 on the street and 7 when wheeling. Seems good for mine. Also run 26 psi in my 35's because that's what the chalk test said to run.

Get them, you'll love them. The fact that Rancho stands behind their warranty is also a major plus.

Last edited by MarkinOhio; 06-23-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i just orderd my xl 9000 shocks !

ORDERD THEM @ (OFF ROAD ELEMENTS) & GREAT customer service

744-826 9948 (Eric )
Old 06-23-2014, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was running bilstein 5100s on my JK Unlimited with AEV coils. When a shock started to leak went I bought the Rancho XL9100s..

Its hard to figure out if I like them better or not.. The Ranchos feel better out of the driveway and love being able to adjust them but on back roads or logging roads they just aren't up to the job.. The bilsteins kept solid all day but the Ranchos after a few bumps kind of loose their damping. I've tried a few of the setting but nothing appears to be able to keep up to the Bilsteins.

I'm still keeping the Ranchos because I do like them better for my daily commute and the Jeep isn't really a high speed off-road machine anyway.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default but

Originally Posted by JeepingNet
I was running bilstein 5100s on my JK Unlimited with AEV coils. When a shock started to leak went I bought the Rancho XL9100s..

Its hard to figure out if I like them better or not.. The Ranchos feel better out of the driveway and love being able to adjust them but on back roads or logging roads they just aren't up to the job.. The bilsteins kept solid all day but the Ranchos after a few bumps kind of loose their damping. I've tried a few of the setting but nothing appears to be able to keep up to the Bilsteins.

I'm still keeping the Ranchos because I do like them better for my daily commute and the Jeep isn't really a high speed off-road machine anyway.
better than stock rubicon shocks I hope ? That's the whole reason I purchased them
I hear 99% good reviews on them
Old 06-24-2014, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
better than stock rubicon shocks I hope ? That's the whole reason I purchased them
I hear 99% good reviews on them
I think you will.. I really like the stiffness of the Bilsteins but it doesn't sound like you would. The Ranchos certainly are nice to be able to adjust the shocks... A lot of people however thing soft means a plush ride and that isn't really true. Going soft can make the ride more harsh and bumpy because you don't have the dampening.

I think you made the correct decision for your riding. I just wouldn't suggest them to someone to does a lot of dirt overland riding.

Quick Reply: Thinking of going with Rancho XL9000's Shocks