Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on Rear Coil Correction Plates

Old 09-21-2014, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran into this problem when I threw on my Rock Crawler Control Arms... I cut my perches off with a grinder and rewelded them on top again. Problem solved, I wouldn't trust those bolt-on perches that are out on the market... Who knows how strong they would be. We know how strong a weld can be
Old 09-22-2014, 05:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrigadierJK
I ran into this problem when I threw on my Rock Crawler Control Arms... I cut my perches off with a grinder and rewelded them on top again. Problem solved, I wouldn't trust those bolt-on perches that are out on the market... Who knows how strong they would be. We know how strong a weld can be

^^^Listen to this guy. Either cut and reweld or buy some new ones (Artec are awesome, as already mentioned). The amount of stuff that people bolt on as a band-aid solution is just silly. Do it right and do it once.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrigadierJK
the wedges are just sitting on top of the factory perches. Are they cheap? Yes. Do they fix the problem? To a point. Once you go past a certain point the wedges aren't going to straighten out your coils anymore. If you're running adjustable control arms and an aftermarket rear drive shaft. You're going to have to move or replace the perches to get the bow out of the coils. If you're running a 2.5" lift, on stock arms and stock drive shafts, don't have access to a welder then by all means the wedges will help.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:19 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by JE8154
the wedges are just sitting on top of the factory perches. Are they cheap? Yes. Do they fix the problem? To a point. Once you go past a certain point the wedges aren't going to straighten out your coils anymore. If you're running adjustable control arms and an aftermarket rear drive shaft. You're going to have to move or replace the perches to get the bow out of the coils. If you're running a 2.5" lift, on stock arms and stock drive shafts, don't have access to a welder then by all means the wedges will help.
Agree, except it is just the rear arms and driveshaft that are of concern if you're talking about the rear coils.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:20 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Agree, except it is just the rear arms and driveshaft that are of concern if you're talking about the rear coils.
if you're setting pinion angle for the drive shaft the wedges aren't going to help you anymore and you're going to need to rotate the perches. I'm not sure what you're getting at?

Last edited by JE8154; 09-22-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:14 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

if you're setting pinion angle for the drive shaft the wedges aren't going to help you anymore and you're going to need to rotate the perches. I'm not sure what you're getting at?
Just clarifying what you wrote (in red), which seems to imply that there's a relationship between front control arms and driveshaft and the rear spring correction plates. I'm sure you didn't mean that, it's just the way it can be read.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only thing I didn't like abut putting my wedges in, was I got the a little bit of rake back.
Got used to it.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:21 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Just clarifying what you wrote (in red), which seems to imply that there's a relationship between front control arms and driveshaft and the rear spring correction plates. I'm sure you didn't mean that, it's just the way it can be read.
Ok, didn't think I needed to explain that.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:14 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Ok, didn't think I needed to explain that.
Probably didn't. I'm OCD, having spent time in a past life writing technical stuff and seeing when we let people fly military aircraft using it they can misread it. It becomes habit to make certain that something is crystal clear.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
^^^Listen to this guy. Either cut and reweld or buy some new ones (Artec are awesome, as already mentioned). The amount of stuff that people bolt on as a band-aid solution is just silly. Do it right and do it once.
X2 on this matter. Do it well do it once

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Rear Coil Correction Plates