Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thread Locker on Spyderlocks?

Old 04-22-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am getting ready to mount up my spyder locks and they recommend that you use thread lock and i noticed that the threads are pressed in so i dont know if I would want to because of the chance of taking the wheel apart and to have the threads just pin while I... So i researched and watched a video of Mel put together an atx slab and he said to never use Thread lock... So what did you do on your spyderlocks/slabs? Thanks Mike

Last edited by GreatWhite JK; 04-22-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:35 PM
JK Junkie

I don't use anything. Have been running them for 2 years without them coming loose once they are torqued properly.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used it on mine....use it on the oem studs holding spacer on.not spacer studs holding wheel on.they come with it for a reason.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2014, 01:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe the OP is referring to Spyderlock bead lock wheels and not the SpiderTrax spacer/adapters

Spyderlock does recommend using BLUE loctite and torquing to 25 ft lbs.

However the general consensus in the bead lock community is to use a little anti-seize and just keep a check on them. The dissimilar metals tend to corrode and can be difficult to remove or worse seize up and break off.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OH9JK
I believe the OP is referring to Spyderlock bead lock wheels and not the SpiderTrax spacer/adapters Spyderlock does recommend using BLUE loctite and torquing to 25 ft lbs. However the general consensus in the bead lock community is to use a little anti-seize and just keep a check on them. The dissimilar metals tend to corrode and can be difficult to remove or worse seize up and break off.
ya i was actually going to use anti-seize if i did use thread lock because that what I used on my old champions...
Old 04-23-2014, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little bit of anti-sieze and I would call it a day. For me, that's a hard pass on thread locker for rings.

Quick Reply: Thread Locker on Spyderlocks?