Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for ball joints

Old 12-20-2016, 05:58 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostbyu06
Just curious if anybody has recommendations on ball joints, my 13 jku is going to need some soon. It's mainly a daily driver but I do wheel it on occasion. Currently has a 4" OME lift 35's and control arms. Any info will help guys. Thanks in advance.
There are a lot of good questions and comments about upgrade balljoints for JKs. We’d like to add some more info for consideration.

Here are 5 reasons why you don’t want to skimp when it comes to balljoints for your Jeep:

• Balljoint Failure Can Damage Front Axle and Steering Components. At the very least, a failure can damage the Axle C and knuckle. In extreme cases, the hub and wheel can separate from the vehicle.

• Precision Matters for Proper Fit and Steering. If the new balljoints don’t fit properly, you’ll be chasing vibrations and steering issues, which is one of the main reasons you wanted upgraded balljoints.

• Inexpensive Balljoints are Not Rebuildable. Dynatrac Balljoints are, and you don’t have to press the balljoint body in/out of the axle in order to rebuild them. The process maintains the integrity of the Axle C.

• Replacing Balljoints Multiple Times Will Enlarge the Mounting Hole in the Axle

• Replacing Balljoints is Not a Fun Trailside Fix, and that’s only if you carry spares with you, and at that point, you’ve spent more on balljoints than if would have by buying 1 set of Dynatrac balljoints. That’s why we say that Dynatarc HD Balljoints are the Last Balljoints You’ll Ever Need to Buy

We have a video on our website that shows exactly what’s inside our Balljoints and covers the key strength advantages. We also have a 2-page tech sheet that you can download from this same webpage: https://www.dynatrac.com/rebuildable...alljoints.html
Old 12-20-2016, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, I meant to hit up that point that Dynatrac just made. For my friends that are choosing to change the Synergy ball joints out on a yearly basis, that's not good for the interference fit of the ball joint into the C. Eventually it will get bigger and the fit will be poor. Do it once. And do it right. It's worth the investment.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:29 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

How long are the Dynatrac ball joints lasting, and what is the cost (and availability) of the rebuild kits to do both lower joints?

Last edited by ronjenx; 12-20-2016 at 06:35 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
I don't understand your math. http://www.fusion4x4.com/product-pag...4-f6cc63408313 Includes two upper ball joints and two lower ball joints. $590. I have no idea where you are getting that number.
That is what I like to see. When I got on their web site, it did not list then as a vendor. Listed NAPA, O'REILLY and a couple others. I don't like going there cause of the price. Did not see them on rock auto either. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:38 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
How long are the Dynatrac ball joints lasting, and what is the cost (and availability) of the rebuild kits to do both lower joints?
The rebuild kits are readily available from us our any of our dealers, and the price is $129 for the JK rebuild kit.

https://www.dynatrac.com/rebuildable...angler-jk.html

As for how long they are lasting, we've got customers who put ten's of thousands of miles on them without needing a rebuild, then we have other customers who rebuild them after a year of heavy off-roading regardless of mileage. How you use your Jeep, how it's set up, your own driving style, and the kind of off-roading you do has a big effect on the life of any ball joint. It's near impossible to say "It'll last X many miles before needing rebuild" because there are some many variables involved that directly affect ball joint life. But as stated before, since our kit only requires the ball joint housing to be pressed into the C once, you're not having to press them in and out for replacement/rebuild, and the cost of the rebuild kit being much less than a new set of ball joints means our heavy duty ball joints pay for themselves over time.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the idea of spending a bit more and not having to worry about it later. DynaTrac for me!

Quick Reply: Time for ball joints