Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips to improve throttle response?

Old 10-09-2015, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed a big difference with the sprintbooster! Made it feel Normal and not lag. Didn't add power but sure did feel like it.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by goaterguy
There is an engineered purpose to the throttle response in the JK, more control during off road driving. Make sure you want this when modifying.
This^. I had the superchips throttle response set on mine. One trip and I immediately changed it back. Way to jerky in 4lo trying to crawl with a manual nontheless
Old 10-09-2015, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Try changing throttle spring in gas pedal assemble.

Pushing that gas pedal - Jeep Wrangler Forum
Old 10-09-2015, 11:19 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Zick
Try changing throttle spring in gas pedal assemble.

Pushing that gas pedal - Jeep Wrangler Forum
I wouldn't want to reduce the pedal's ability to return to "closed throttle". Removing one of the springs, or changing to a lighter one would do just that.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Sprintbooster is easily adjustable with the three settings and doesnt require any wiring. You basically disconnect the clip on the gas pedal and install it in -between. Fish the little wired remote up to your dash or console and you're done. Those that have them notice a considerable difference. Not many have them as they are pricey.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

My buddy swears the viper throttle body swap on his 2009 JKU was the best for throttle response. I'll be in the market when I get some extra cash
Old 12-12-2015, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Default 3.8 with auto trans goes like stink

Get a Superchips flashpaq and a sprintbooster. You'll even dust a 3.6 off the line.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fafafofi
My buddy swears the viper throttle body swap on his 2009 JKU was the best for throttle response. I'll be in the market when I get some extra cash
I had the viper throttle body on my 2011 for about 18 months before I pulled it off. It made absolutely no detectable difference except occasionally making the yellow lightning bolt come on and my jeep acting like it was in limp mode.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste a penny on any throttle body or throttle body spacers.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just regear to a performance level for your tire size n be done with it. You WILL feel incredible throttle response. Thought I saw Jesus in the road after pushing 3/4 throttle after I regeared

Quick Reply: Tips to improve throttle response?