Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHICH TIRE CARRIER? - If gate is used every day!

Old 12-22-2016, 11:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the Spartacus complete kit from Rugged Ridge on special for a little over $400 shipped. Very happy with it, built like a tank. No squeaks or rattles, very heavy and solid.
Old 12-25-2016, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MKPjk08
I have a Mor ryde tire carrier on my jeep its a friend of mines company. Awesome tire carrier I use it everyday have no problems with it mine holds a nitto mud grappler 37*13.50*17 on walker evans bead lock rims. Check it out i like it and its a cheaper alternative.

Heavy-Duty JK Wrangler Tailgate Hinge - MORryde Products
My daughter has the MORryde hinge and tailgate support with the stock tire carrier and a 35 and it has been great for over a year. Hard to beat the price. We will be putting one on the Wife's Rubi when we move up to 35's.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by d. gage

Do you have the whole kit or just the hinges?
I have the whole kit.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been using the Teraflex Hinge and carrier for three years with a 35" MT. It has been great, and still operates like new after all that time. Really impressed with it, new EVO hinge looks great too.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Not to hijack a thread but I'm curious how well some of these carriers work if your spare tire took a hit coming down off a ledge. I've seen the crawler conceptz video this past summer but I was wondering if anyone of you guys had a real world story of the other body mounted carriers taking that kind of abuse.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Default Carrier

Originally Posted by Jkbroc
Not to hijack a thread but I'm curious how well some of these carriers work if your spare tire took a hit coming down off a ledge. I've seen the crawler conceptz video this past summer but I was wondering if anyone of you guys had a real world story of the other body mounted carriers taking that kind of abuse.
Have seen them tweak the gate. Better to remove the spare when you expect to wheel those kinds of drops. If you flat a tire, send somebody back for a spare.

I have been running a 38 x 15.5 Toyo MT(measures dead on 37) on the TerraFlex unit for two years. It has held up like a champ.

Quick Reply: WHICH TIRE CARRIER? - If gate is used every day!