Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire help. 285/75/17

Old 03-03-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phljeeper
I am running 285/75R17 KM2s on my 12 JKU and they work great with a leveling kit. I also added flat fenders but wouldn't need to unless disconnected. I started with these pre leveling kit and they were a very tight fit. You can see pictures in my profile. This size tire has better road manners than my 35x12.5R17s I had on my 08.
awesome info phl... just what i was looking for. i'm thinking of doing the same setup. looking for 33.5 - 34" options to go with the leveling kit. possibly will add the flats later. i'm looking at getting aftermarket wheels.. 9" wide, i'm assuming that would make the tires a bit shorter (mounted) than on the moabs as they are narrower? any idea if this is true? thanks!!

where are you in the phl area? i'm near west chester pa
Old 03-03-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by phljeeper
No wheel spacers. Just stock Moab wheels and 285/75R17 BFG km2 tires and the work great. No rub at all. Tires measure about 33.5 mounted. The BFG 35s measure about a half inch taller.
But have you disconnected? I had a similar setup before I lifted but I have 4.7 back spacing and there was no way I could disconnect without rubbing. This is a good road only setup
Old 03-03-2012, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Atch

But have you disconnected? I had a similar setup before I lifted but I have 4.7 back spacing and there was no way I could disconnect without rubbing. This is a good road only setup
Atch is right. You'll rub if you disconnect without flat flares or bumpstops with only a leveling kit.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks! No plans to disco or do any major offroading without more mods.

Is it possible to do any easy off road without disconnecting? Most likely would go flat flares later on.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Vincent
are those trail or terra grapplers on your rig? i see you said trail, but checked out Nitto's sight (cause I like them on your rig) and they looked a helluva lot like the terra's pictured...
Sorry, i just saw your post. They are indeed Terra's.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by liveadv
Thanks! No plans to disco or do any major offroading without more mods.

Is it possible to do any easy off road without disconnecting? Most likely would go flat flares later on.
Yes, just no disconnecting or full articulation.

Quick Reply: Tire help. 285/75/17