Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear adjustable upper control arms?

Old 06-18-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear adjustable upper control arms?

I plan to lift my 2door 6-speed approximately 3-4inches, and I know I need a rear drive shaft (plan to get a coast), but do I need rear adjustable upper control arms? Or will my pinion angle be fine without them?
Old 06-18-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ksuferrara
I plan to lift my 2door 6-speed approximately 3-4inches, and I know I need a rear drive shaft (plan to get a coast), but do I need rear adjustable upper control arms? Or will my pinion angle be fine without them?
I have the Teraflex 3" lift. It provided 4 inches of lift before installing my LOD bumpers. After bumpers I have about 3.5".
Over 2.5" and you will want adjustable front lower and adjustable rear upper control arms. Pinion angle will be steep. Watch your rear springs as they will bow. You need some wedges/shims, adjustable mounts, or you can cut off the factory perches and weld them or other perches in the correct location. I went with RK spring wedges.
i am still running the factory rear shaft, as are many others.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:23 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ksuferrara
rear uppers are REQUIRED to set your pinion angle after installing a new u-joint style drive shaft.

Quick Reply: Rear adjustable upper control arms?