Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires rubbing??

Old 07-21-2016, 09:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tires rubbing??

How do I adjust bump stops for these wheels/tires?? They keep rubbing at Moab
Haaaaa

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-99530167.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	462.4 KB
ID:	652781
Old 07-22-2016, 04:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Side steps which come down even lower would help a bit. If that doesn't help, try lower profile tires. That way the wheel itself will flex instead of the sidewall of the tire. Might also just add longer bump stops. If they are resting just on the axle when the vehicle is sitting normal, then they are almost long enough. You want very little to no up travel.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need a 12" rough cuntry lift with a 12" black axle shaft to errect the problem.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should probably get a spring over lift with drop shackles. That solved all of my problems.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's some funny stuff! Ohhhh boy, the things people do and the $$$$ they spend doing it amazes me. Those r strut wheels.... Def not cheap.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ripa777
That's some funny stuff! Ohhhh boy, the things people do and the $$$$ they spend doing it amazes me. Those r strut wheels.... Def not cheap.
I saw a similar thing yesterday afternoon here in Santa Monica,CA, imagine those wheels in orange, to top it off, the very thing i never expected to see in a JK , a freaking wing mounted in the back of the hard top, lol. I tried to get my cell to take a pic, but couldn't do it on time, it's beyond me what some people will do to the platform, beyond me, sure is up to the owner to customize their rigs in any way they like, but my god, have mercy with the poor thing, is not the Jeep fault

Last edited by rsmwrangler; 07-22-2016 at 07:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Tires rubbing??