Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tonneau type cover for topless JKU?

Old 04-22-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Tonneau type cover for topless JKU?

Ive decided to go topless and doorless for a while. I bought a bestop trail cover so I can leave them off indefinitely but the lack of secure(ish) storage kinda sucks. There is no where good to put things without fear of them blowing away or falling out. I also wouldnt mind something that is somewhat "secure" to keep prying eyes out at least.

What do you guys recommend? I plan on keeping the rear seats in place, not folded down or anything. Also the bestop cover uses the same tabs that the soft top does to secure to the rear so anything that would interfere might be a problem but Im open to suggestions.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the Tuffy 299 security deck and like it quite a bit. I have wondered if a tonneau cover would help to keep the water out of the back but not sure if it would work with the Tuffy deck. If so it would it would be a great combo.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have a JKU but I use the Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure and a Bestop Duster. I think both would also work for your JKU.

Work well for me to get some reasonably secure storage and rain protection. Looks clean too.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the tuffy box that adds a trunk like secure space next to the tailgate...

A friend has it and I really like the way it was built/designed...

also you can put in a cargo net type setup that will add a lot of security...

Matthew

Quick Reply: Tonneau type cover for topless JKU?