Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track bar or control arms first?

Old 10-22-2014, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nthinuf I will check to see if they gave me a printout. I appreciate the info on the adjustments. I'm doing as much research as possible now since I lacked on it before purchasing lift. I have read about regearing at 35" or more for tires still haven't decided what size yet. Great info for checking the site through Google I appreciate that. As for checking driveshafts and any leaks I try to check them on a regular basis just in case something does pop up.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO, if you get the drag link flip kit, which you should do with that high of lift, there is no need to get an aftermarket front track bar. Drag link flip kits come with an axle end track bar relo bracket. The stock track bar is perfectly fine and your axle will be pretty close to perfectly centered. You're wasting money upgrading that component if you go with the drag link flip kit.

For the rear, if you get a axle mounted track bar relo bracket, you can use the stock track bar there too. Waste of money upgrading that component if you have a track bar relo bracket.

There. That saves you some coinage....

Good luck with your build.

Last edited by silversurfer575; 10-22-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:28 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah I was looking at the drag link flip kits out there, I saw some that came with a new track bar, but you're saying the stock track bar should fit no problem right? And I originally posted about a rear track bar bracket, I actually have one on there that was my mistake.

Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

I also found this link which was really helpful for me showing what I would need to adjust as per the previous comments about caster, camber, etc.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

watching this for more info, just boughta 4" lift as well.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:15 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by jksteve2013
watching this for more info, just boughta 4" lift as well.
If you haven't, read this by Dirtman ...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/
Old 10-23-2014, 08:43 AM
JK Junkie

Default Track bar or control arms first?

Agree, do the flip kit. A adjustable front track bar is your choice. You will need to raise the rear track bar at the axle as well (if not done already)

Edit: look at it this way. If you raise the jeep 3". Then install a raised bracket @ 3". The axle will be pretty dam close to center.
if lifted 4", the axle will only shift a small amount (like theres only 1" of lift)

2007 Rubicon /2 door/6 speed

Last edited by kjeeper10; 10-23-2014 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Feguis
Yeah I was looking at the drag link flip kits out there, I saw some that came with a new track bar, but you're saying the stock track bar should fit no problem right? And I originally posted about a rear track bar bracket, I actually have one on there that was my mistake.

Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

I also found this link which was really helpful for me showing what I would need to adjust as per the previous comments about caster, camber, etc.
Your headed the right direction. Front stock track bar is fine with the Drag Link Flip kit.

As to alignment adjustments, for the front axle: caster is done via front upper adjustable or front lower adjustable control arms, or a combination of both. Camber is not adjustable except via offset ball joints. Toe is set via your tie rod. Steering recentering is done via adjusting the drag link. For the rear axle, you set pinion angle via either adjustable upper or adjustable lower control arms, or a combination of both.

Good luck with your build.

Quick Reply: Track bar or control arms first?