Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TrekTop NX Retaining Bar Mounts

Old 04-17-2014, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TrekTop NX Retaining Bar Mounts

Hi All, Has anyone had a problem with the retaining bar plastic loop mounts on the door surrounds for the TrekTop NX? It's made of pretty flimsy and cheap plastic and was wondering if anyone's come up with a stronger solution? My left one snapped and I'd rather not have to replace the entire door surround.

It might have been premature , but I threw the top on this past weekend and we had some heavy snow/ice in CT mid-april (who would have thought!) that left to a pretty nice sag in the top so I need to make sure I use the retainer as its rain season.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:20 AM
DV3
JK Enthusiast

I had the tab break off for the retaining bar last summer.
I contacted Best top about it and they sent me a new door surround.

I just bought the top earlier that summer and didn't want to jag it up.

Last edited by DV3; 04-17-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DV3
I had the tab break off for the retaining bar last summer.
I contacted Best top about it and they sent me a new door surround.

I just bought the top earlier that summer and didn't want to jag it up.
Thanks, looks like these are covered by the 2 year warranty, so good to know. I guess I will just have to be pretty gentle with the mount here on out...
Old 04-17-2014, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

The bars that lift the roof or the central tubular bar that sits above the speaker pod?

I dont always drive where others cant. but when I do, its in my Jeep. Stay muddy my friends
Old 04-17-2014, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jade_Monkey07
The bars that lift the roof or the central tubular bar that sits above the speaker pod?

I dont always drive where others cant. but when I do, its in my Jeep. Stay muddy my friends
This is for a 2dr so no bar above speaker pods. This was for the bar that lifts the roof, my main use is it helps drain water when parked on a flat surface .
Old 04-20-2014, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKtak
Hi All, Has anyone had a problem with the retaining bar plastic loop mounts on the door surrounds for the TrekTop NX? It's made of pretty flimsy and cheap plastic and was wondering if anyone's come up with a stronger solution? My left one snapped and I'd rather not have to replace the entire door surround.

It might have been premature , but I threw the top on this past weekend and we had some heavy snow/ice in CT mid-april (who would have thought!) that left to a pretty nice sag in the top so I need to make sure I use the retainer as its rain season.
I hate those... have not broken one yet, but struggle every year trying to get the bows in those plastic loops. According to the instructions, you put the bows in after you put the door surrounds on. Then it hit me... put the surrounds on one side first, then place the bows on, then install the surrounds on the other side, inserting the bows into the loops w/o having to bend stuff. Duh. 3 years and I finally got it.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fivenote

I hate those... have not broken one yet, but struggle every year trying to get the bows in those plastic loops. According to the instructions, you put the bows in after you put the door surrounds on. Then it hit me... put the surrounds on one side first, then place the bows on, then install the surrounds on the other side, inserting the bows into the loops w/o having to bend stuff. Duh. 3 years and I finally got it.
Genius!!!!!

Quick Reply: TrekTop NX Retaining Bar Mounts