Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TrekTop NX vs. Hard top

Old 04-17-2014, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TrekTop NX vs. Hard top

I need a little advise from the JK Forum family. I have a 2007 Unlimited with an original Trektop. I got it back in 2009, and have had problems through the years with water leaking above each of the window sills. I've dealt with this problem for years, but now it's pretty worn and I'm actually thinking of getting a hard top. Only problem is I really like the Trektop style, but a little torn between a hard top or Trektop NX. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could really use some feedback.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arcangel694u
I need a little advise from the JK Forum family. I have a 2007 Unlimited with an original Trektop. I got it back in 2009, and have had problems through the years with water leaking above each of the window sills. I've dealt with this problem for years, but now it's pretty worn and I'm actually thinking of getting a hard top. Only problem is I really like the Trektop style, but a little torn between a hard top or Trektop NX. Does anyone have any suggestions? Could really use some feedback.
you always get a wild boar hard top its a fastback but it aint cheap at all
Old 04-17-2014, 06:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had zero issues with the Trektop over the past couple years, much fewer leaks than the factory soft top.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I personally love my trek top nx. Only been on for a couple months but during those couple months its been in snow, ice, mud, and rain i have had no problems with leaks. But i have bestop soft doors so im used to water on the inside
Old 04-17-2014, 08:04 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Grubbicon
you always get a wild boar hard top its a fastback but it aint cheap at all
This was my first reaction as well! I love the look of the Wild Boar Fastback Style Hard Tops but I don't love the price. I wish someone else would start making them and drive the price down. There is really no reason for it to be more expensive than any other hard top in my opinion.

OP: If you have the money, this solves your problem! Let me know if you'd like a quote or if you have any questions!

-Ryan
Old 04-17-2014, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the nx and a hard top. Hard top hasn't been on in over a year and the nx has zero leaks.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

I have had the trektop on this past winter which was one of the coldest winters we've had in a while and I haven't had any leaking problems other than once in a while at the car wash. I also have a hardtop but it's just sitting in my garage collecting dust. Maybe you just need to upgrade to a newer trektop??
Old 04-17-2014, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ill agree with everyone here. I have no leak issues with my nx. There was a thread on another major jk forum about an install. He suggested to put the front little foam pieces in a different place, which I did and have had no issues. Only reason I havnt sold my hardtop is because work said the soft top wasnt professional enough.....bastards

I dont always drive where others cant. but when I do, its in my Jeep. Stay muddy my friends
Old 04-19-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a hardtop and Trektop nx. Northeast winters are tough, so I run the hardtop in the cold. I think it also extends the trektop's life.

Just put the nx back on today. Missed it so... It doesn't leak a drop.

If you run an original Trektop, then I believe you when you say you have leaks by the doors. The door surrounds on those are just metal rods. The nx has factory style surrounds and the top uses the cable and spring design... Adjustable and super tight. Mine is 3 years old and tight as a drum.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fivenote
I have a hardtop and Trektop nx. Northeast winters are tough, so I run the hardtop in the cold. I think it also extends the trektop's life.

Just put the nx back on today. Missed it so... It doesn't leak a drop.

If you run an original Trektop, then I believe you when you say you have leaks by the doors. The door surrounds on those are just metal rods. The nx has factory style surrounds and the top uses the cable and spring design... Adjustable and super tight. Mine is 3 years old and tight as a drum.
Ditto! I do it the same exact way. I put mine on two weeks ago tho

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Quick Reply: TrekTop NX vs. Hard top