Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trektop problem

Old 07-23-2014, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trektop problem

I've had my trektop on for i don't know about a month now and love it. 90% of the time it is flipped open but it wasn't til today i noticed when it was closed that the front piece where you clip to the jeep looks like it has expanded and is not a flat piece anymore. I have attached a picture and you can see that my fingers fit in there without pushing in or anything. My question is I forget when putting it on, is it supposed to be like that? Is it from the heat and expanding it? And the biggest is, is it ok and it's not a real problem?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3452325568.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	567215  
Old 07-23-2014, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that's how mine is. I'll double check in the am.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Default Keep an eye on it!

Originally Posted by groth797
I've had my trektop on for i don't know about a month now and love it. 90% of the time it is flipped open but it wasn't til today i noticed when it was closed that the front piece where you clip to the jeep looks like it has expanded and is not a flat piece anymore. I have attached a picture and you can see that my fingers fit in there without pushing in or anything. My question is I forget when putting it on, is it supposed to be like that? Is it from the heat and expanding it? And the biggest is, is it ok and it's not a real problem?
I was driving down the road just last week and that header panel cracked in two and my top flew up. Now the bars are bent and header is busted. I did contact Bestop and they are trying to help me out. The top is only 3 months old!
Old 07-23-2014, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can do that with mine
Old 07-23-2014, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

99% sure mine is like that too. I'd say you're good.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome I'm not going to really worry about it then haha I just wanted to make sure other people were having the same problem haha. As for the other guy I am just going to hope that is not wrong with mine haha. But good luck with getting a new one. Hopefully you get one with out any problem.

Quick Reply: Trektop problem