Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trucklite Problems

Old 01-19-2015, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trucklite Problems

Hey guys,
Having some trouble with the trucklites headlights. I bought a set with the adapter harness to control flickering a while back. 2 months after installed I had one just burn out. I even tested the other side to make sure it wasn't just a bad connection. I returned the one side and haven't had any problems now for about 4 months. The other night I notice one side flickering like crazy and looking like a strobe light. I get it home and all connections look good. I move the adapter slightly and it shuts the light on and off as I move it around yet it has a good connection. Anyone had similar problems with these ? I hate to go through the whole return process again.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:12 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Most of the time it is the Plug. This would be a warranty issue. Call the vendor you ordered through its a simple process.

David
Old 01-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

It almost sounds like a short in one of the adapters. Are you sure it isn't damaged? Also, did you coat the connectors with dielectric grease before assembly?
Old 01-19-2015, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

The adapter doesn't look damaged. I had it pretty tucked away and secure. I didn't coat it in the grease though. Maybe some moisture got into the connection. I'm in Ohio with the normal winter weather so it's possible.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Most of the time it is the Plug. This would be a warranty issue. Call the vendor you ordered through its a simple process. David
Ok and would you suggest the adapter would just need replaced or the light and adapter ?
Old 01-19-2015, 11:32 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Swap the lights from side to side but leave the connectors and if the problem stays on the same side its a harness issue. if it changes side its the light

David
Old 01-19-2015, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Swap the lights from side to side but leave the connectors and if the problem stays on the same side its a harness issue. if it changes side its the light David
Ok thanks for your help. I'll play with the lights hopefully tomorrow.

Trending Topics

Old 01-19-2015, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just dealt with this. My problem turned out to be the connection between the vehicle plug and the adapter harnesses. I bent the three pins on the harness very slightly to make them fit a bit tighter into the headlamp harness then plugged them back in. No problem since.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had this problem on Sunday driving home. Ditto on all the previous suggestion: I plan to go back and regrease tomorrow when I have some time.

Also make sure that if it is the driver side light that the light itself doesn't move around (electrical tape around the edge of the TL headlight a few times) because the fit on that side is looser and that if you have the anti-flicker harness it is secured so it doesn't move around a lot and pull on the connections and wires.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had my connectors get corroded and stopped one light from working. Tried switching the lights side to side and caused them both to stop working. I ended up cutting the connectors off and using butt splices and finally buying the anti flicker harness. Cut the connector off the headlight and harness spliced them together and retained the harness on the jeep. Some dielectric grease inside and works perfect.

Quick Reply: Trucklite Problems