Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tube Fender Input

Old 10-09-2012, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tube Fender Input

I am looking to upgrade to tube fenders. Right now in the running are GenRight, River Raider, Poison Spider and Nemesis. Please let me know your thoughts about how durable aluminum is for fenders. I mean I know in theory it's not as durable as steel but is it durable enough for moderate wheelin? Also, would you share your thoughts and pics of fenders from any of these companies or others you may think are worth considering. Thanks!!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the PSC fenders and love them, they look great. They are also coming out with a thiner version that will be cool for smaller lifted jeeps. I went with the aluminum for the weight, i have been wheeling with them no damage yet as long as the trails are wide. I think they are worth it if you have the money, otherwise you could always cut your stock ones. GL with your choice. I would post some pics but I am at work.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just my 2 cents, I have psc aluminum crusher flares and love them. I have scraped them on rocks and yes it does scar, but they are easy to touch up and look great.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeep_freek69
I am looking to upgrade to tube fenders. Right now in the running are GenRight, River Raider, Poison Spider and Nemesis. Please let me know your thoughts about how durable aluminum is for fenders. I mean I know in theory it's not as durable as steel but is it durable enough for moderate wheelin? Also, would you share your thoughts and pics of fenders from any of these companies or others you may think are worth considering. Thanks!!
Search, then search, then search, then google, then search. This topic gets brought up more often than probably any other topic. If you go to their website, you'll see multiple pictures showing different angles of their product.

Ok, now off rant, seriously, see aboive. I will say though, the GenRight and PSC almost mirror one another with RR close with that style. Nemesis has a completely different look to them. PSC did just released info and pics on some more narrow fenders as well as some wider ones. Not sure what your intention is but believe me when I say the search and google is your friend.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

PSC ... And aluminum is fine

That is all
Old 12-16-2012, 06:49 AM
JK Newbie

I am curious- does anyone know the weight delta between stack and more skeletal aluminum fenders- say Gen Right? ALSO, I am running Or-Fab sliders and wonder if GR fenders are compatible. Any input there would be appreciated too...

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Tube Fender Input