Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultimate dana 60s rear bump stops?

Old 01-16-2017, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate dana 60s rear bump stops?

Hey guys been running the ultimate 60s for about 3 months now I have stock bump stops on the jeep now I bottom out at times if going to fast on uneven terrain. Would you guys recommend the teraflex speed bumps? Or something else? Thanks
Old 01-17-2017, 06:31 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Speed bumps are a joke don't waste the money. If you are going to spend that kind of money buy a proper air bump from one of the big shock guys. King, Fox, Bilstien, Profender, Ballistic all have air bumps that you can adjust with the nitrogen pressure.

What is your current set up? Do you have a build thread that shows your coil and shock set up?

Last edited by TheDirtman; 01-17-2017 at 06:35 AM.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Speed bumps are a joke don't waste the money. If you are going to spend that kind of money buy a proper air bump from one of the big shock guys. King, Fox, Bilstien, Profender, Ballistic all have air bumps that you can adjust with the nitrogen pressure. What is your current set up? Do you have a build thread that shows your coil and shock set up?

Hey man thanks for the comment at the moment I'm running a RC six inch long arm kit. I'm waiting for a friend of mine to finish up the design of ORI coilovers there working on a bolt on system than I will be moving to those apperently bump stops are not needed at that point? I just liked that the speed bumps needed no maintenance but all look at some of these other guys
Old 01-17-2017, 09:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
Hey man thanks for the comment at the moment I'm running a RC six inch long arm kit. I'm waiting for a friend of mine to finish up the design of ORI coilovers there working on a bolt on system than I will be moving to those apperently bump stops are not needed at that point? I just liked that the speed bumps needed no maintenance but all look at some of these other guys
Wait what bolt on ORI's ?
Old 01-17-2017, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those teraflex bumps are just foam.... Can't understand what the hype is about.

Run some kings or fox bumps back there and you can bomb with a little more confidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W6BZQIkQZM
Old 01-17-2017, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tgoss
Those teraflex bumps are just foam.... Can't understand what the hype is about. Run some kings or fox bumps back there and you can bomb with a little more confidence. YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W6BZQIkQZM

This doesn't look like just foam and the link didn't work man all google those kings and fox tho thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2968558087.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	664755  
Old 01-17-2017, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjeeper10

That's what I've been hearing man haven't seen a release tho
Old 01-17-2017, 11:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jasoncinpean
This doesn't look like just foam and the link didn't work man all google those kings and fox tho thanks!
They are a specialized foam that is in that can. I ran them and didn't care for them. My buddy ran them on his rig and they were terrible. So we took them apart to see if we could adjust them at all, low and behold it's just foam and you can't adjust foam.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronin2120
They are a specialized foam that is in that can. I ran them and didn't care for them. My buddy ran them on his rig and they were terrible. So we took them apart to see if we could adjust them at all, low and behold it's just foam and you can't adjust foam.

Lol wow man well thanks for your insight ❗💯
Old 01-17-2017, 06:16 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kjeeper10

Fusion was/is apparently making a bolt-on ORI setup. At least that is what Dan directly told me on another thread....

Quick Reply: Ultimate dana 60s rear bump stops?