Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Underseat Box - Tuffy or Bestop

Old 07-06-2013, 04:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used bestop on amazon for $46.00. New for $51.00 and free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...3114678&sr=8-1
Old 07-06-2013, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone know if these will work with heated seats?? Thinking some of the electrical parts might get in the way??

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-06-2013, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

If you need to see everything in the drawer without reaching to the back, then go with Tuffy but if you are on a budget then go with Bestop.

Sent with IPad
Old 07-06-2013, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwilson2598
That's good to know, I was wondering how hard it would be to change the lock out but had been too lazy to look.
It's super easy, two screws hold on the small box with the lock inside. Take off the locking plate with a phillips screwdriver and remove the nut that holds the lock on and replace it. I couldn't fit the box back on because the Tuffy twist combo lock is a little longer.

I also don't have an issue with the drawer stopping, it comes out completely.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ffhockey98
Anyone know if these will work with heated seats?? Thinking some of the electrical parts might get in the way??

The tuffy works fine with heated seats. Couldn't be happier with mine.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ffhockey98

They work, but I had to remove the bracket for the wiring that is under the seat. The instructions showed how to it, added a couple minutes to the install, but no biggie.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jwilson2598

That's good to know, I was wondering how hard it would be to change the lock out but had been too lazy to look.
Changing the lock was a breeze. I did it in about 10 minutes with basic tools/sockets and wrench.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:12 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah, tuffy all the way. It extends all the way out to the pedals and Dave's post sold me on the storage space.

To the rear support issue- I used front shock rubber isolators and it was great but then adding a couple of bolts to it made it much better.

If tuffy came out with a piece of foam to fit the space like a pelican case then they'd really be bonus. It's nice to put things in there but it would be nice to have things organized in the foam.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-19-2013, 09:06 PM
JK Newbie

I believe you can get a pair of like-keyed locks for around $10 from Lowes or Home Depot, should be 5/8" common cam lock. You can also grab a pair of 16" tool box sliders while there for a couple bucks and viola, full length sliding drawer. Still tons cheaper than Tuffy...
Old 07-20-2013, 03:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ceruzziracing
I believe you can get a pair of like-keyed locks for around $10 from Lowes or Home Depot, should be 5/8" common cam lock. You can also grab a pair of 16" tool box sliders while there for a couple bucks and viola, full length sliding drawer. Still tons cheaper than Tuffy...
Just to add I had 1 used Bestop box with an unmarked key and then when I bought the other one new, the key for it had a number on it. I called Bestop with that number and they were able to sell me a matching lock for $10 as well.

Quick Reply: Underseat Box - Tuffy or Bestop