Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade Shocks??

Old 11-27-2015, 02:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ginxer86
Do you see a difference when u upgraded your shocks? I have 0 lift so i'm not sure if i upgrade without adjustable shock option will make a difference.
Well ive run about 10 different shocks on my JK.
The 5000x replaced the 9000's. Firmer shock but a better controlled shock. You really cant go wrong with the 26/28 rancho 5000x shocks (0-2)
Old 11-27-2015, 05:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default no lift , stock set up, nitto trail grapplers

i went xl 9000 adj shocks it helps 70 % id say on ride overall
i wouldnt say its going to make it ride on pillows but it will improve the harshness your getting . i think mine are on 4 in rear and like 2 up front

you could go 1 on all four i guess for soft but id imagine that would be over kill
you do need some stiffness for daily use id think.

id go the route your headed unless you have lots of cash for expensive shocks
the ranchos seem pretty good for mine compared to the red ones that came on mine

keep in mind they come with red boots . i ordered a set of black ones for up front where you can see that . the rears are solid red plastic boots i just left them on seeing warranty would maybe void if you tampered with it. you could paint it black id say if the red dosent work for you . As you can see in the photo they rust up so you might want to coat them before putting them on . they dont tell you that up front lol that was one winter . i was dis appointed in that from rancho but the steel we get today is crap they should use aluminum if they cant prevent the rust though with a coating from the factory. Not every one lives in a sunshine dry state.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2389 (2).jpg
Views:	204
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	631112   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1040 (2).jpg
Views:	261
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	631113   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2450 (2).jpg
Views:	220
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	631114  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 11-27-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ginxer86
Hey guys,
I'm driving a 14 jeep jku sahara. with 33' nitto grapplers and stock suspension. No lift.

This is my DD and I commute about 80kms (50 Miles) 6 days a week.
I understand how a jeep drives but I want to improve it, and wondering if upgrading my shocks will make a world of a difference in body roll and nose diving etc.

I'm thinking about getting Rancho 9000XL's adjustable shocks. But don't want to drop $700 CDN if it doesn't do much. lol
Let me here your inputs.
Thanks
Two Words

Monroe Reflex.

They are a monotube design but smoother than bilstiens etc. They are not mentally expensive, and have a lifetime warranty for damn near everything including "worn out".

I have over 100,000 km on my set and they are still going strong. I am going to replace them "just because" after Christmas. I have the teraflex leveling kit and 18/59 springs. My jeep rides, handles and takes off road driving great. I also added airbags for loads. I am adding JKS drop brackets and their flex link into the mix. Should make my jeep a killer DD off road rig!

Last edited by Kojack; 11-28-2015 at 01:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Upgrade Shocks??