Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want 35s But Don't Have A Lift Kit? No Problem!

Old 06-27-2016, 10:49 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want 35s But Don't Have A Lift Kit? No Problem!

Bushwacker offers modified fender flares that will allow you to fit 35s on your newer Jeep Wrangler.

Read the rest on the JK Forum homepage. >>
Old 06-27-2016, 02:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

These take more than a few minutes to install lol. One of the few regrets i have in regards to wrangler accessories is installing bushwacker a vs metalcloaks. I cheaped out and have regretted it ever since. I have never come to grips with the looks of them and I have had them going on two years. They have held up well but I just don't like how they look. I personally think you still need a lift with them if you go offroad with 35's at least if you want any travel.

Last edited by jadmt; 06-27-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

*Edit* Its your Jeep do what you want.

I'm tired of people who have no idea about wheeling and Just want Bigger tires on their Jeeps.... Half the threads on here are about how to get Larger tires on their Jeep for Cheap.

Last edited by Jonathan_JK; 10-03-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
If you like dragging your belly on everything do this.
lmao. You love to hate on anyone without lifts don't you? I'd be interested to see how many of your posts are of a similar nature. Pretty sad.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

*Edit* Delete

Last edited by Jonathan_JK; 10-03-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default drag your belly?

or drag your axles with your lift as well , your lift is only to give you space in the wheel well.
to fit your tires better if you dont want to drag anything get 40" tires
you can put a tall lift on but your axle will still be the same .

granted the lift will help but its not going to help much if your not experienced on where to place the tires

Not everyone wants a lift kit for their use and 35s may benefit some from stock
height in some cases . I have 33s and no lift , and am fine with this. if i did go 35s or 37s and some wheel well alterations id benefit from the height of the tire not the lift. ive had lifted vehicles before and yeh on my trucks it looked good but the axles are still low point. most people who go off road dont play in boulders to be honest. Those are hard core guys who love that type of terrain. I dont think this guy who is advertising the flat fenders for those with out a lift is trying to suggest no one needs a lift ever. He is showing people a product that allows 35s on a unlifted jk that will give you more room for the tires to move ! period. Granted some expensive lift kits would handle better than a stock suspension.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	027.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	650823  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-27-2016 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Why don't you stick to your own pathetic thread. Its called Math if your frame is X inches from the ground and you try to go over an obstacle with <X +2" like a mogul on a trail your going to drag belly its not rocket science.
Ground clearance at the diffs comes from bigger tires. Lift allows bigger tires plus movement. In places of east of the Mississippi, there are things called tree limbs that have a way of whacking you in the windshield and smacking people in the face. It is sometimes is a balancing act.

Trending Topics

Old 06-27-2016, 05:24 PM
JK Junkie

Default not to be a wise arse

but do you have any pictures of your jeep before and after ? dragging the belly .
maybe you chose the wrong line . Just a thought because usually there is a better route
to avoid dragging things if its evaluated . But as we know some people just like to put their jeep through punishment for no good reason/ I didnt buy mine to
test its limits , it has other purposes in my case. And flat fenders are a option for those that dont find the need for a lifted vehicle other than moderate off road use

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-27-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
but do you have any pictures of your jeep before and after ? dragging the belly . maybe you chose the wrong line . Just a thought because usually there is a better route to avoid dragging things if its evaluated . But as we know some people just like to put their jeep through punishment for no good reason/ I didnt buy mine to test its limits , it has other purposes in my case. And flat fenders are a option for those that dont find the need for a lifted vehicle other than moderate off road use
Exactly. To summarize: some people have inferiority complexes. They usually let them shine through forums whenever possible also.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:56 PM
JK Junkie

Default dont want to drag your belly now

just keep going higher hey watch out for that rock
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	131_0807_02_z+4x4_mud_truck_building+lifted_jeep.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	650827  

Quick Reply: Want 35s But Don't Have A Lift Kit? No Problem!