Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want 35s But Don't Have A Lift Kit? No Problem!

Old 06-28-2016, 03:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So I guess they make these all these lift kits for nothing? We have all been suckered. Everyone we are having an uninstall party were taking all the lift kits off. Turns out we don't need them.

Here are a few videos on why you need a lift kit.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNub_sa7zkY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_5iS5IM0-As
Old 06-28-2016, 05:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
So I guess they make these all these lift kits for nothing? We have all been suckered. Everyone we are having an uninstall party were taking all the lift kits off. Turns out we don't need them. Here are a few videos on why you need a lift kit. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNub_sa7zkY https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_5iS5IM0-As
You have to remember there are a lot of people on here who have never seen a rock big enough to justify a lift. They have no skids/armor/winch and don't need the higher rated coils. Leveling kit is all they need and is what they SHOULD run so it will drive better on road.
I ran a EVO leveling kit with 35s and I swear by it. Ride is amazing on all the highway mile I drive. BUT I do abuse my jeep more than I should an I was limited and tired of dropping my skids and beating them with a hammer every time I got back from a trip.
I now have 2.5" MC coils. Mathematically my total travel increased by around 3" with my new shock/bump combo. I'm glad I have the lift. For my needs.
For the $$ and ride there is no argument that 90% of these jeeps out here on 35" tires should have no more than an leveling kit (EVO kit if you have a bumper/winch) it would save them a ton of money and their jeeps would drive a lot better.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default to a degree yeh

wasted money . and a lot of people do it because off road shops suggest them to make money , im not saying lifts dont have any purpose at all.but dragging the belly in the first video im sure could have been avoided and with 35s or 37s with no lift and flat fenders might not have dragged. . I dont like lifted jeeps they look like they are on stilts at the circus to me. i think kids are sold on these kits more than adults and if its a dd and you use it for going to the store post office and normal travels a lift and 35s and 37s is not what you want unless your willing to have to climb up pullin on steering wheel or something every time.
If your a hunter the higher you go the worse time youl have trying to lift game up to the rear.

im not saying a lift wont help you , but take the last post i sent and look at it. You can be up in the air and you still will drag something if your tires arnt positioned correctly. well if your showing videos of capabllities this one shows my point .

For what its worth yeh id never see much more than this type of obstacles but that also covers a lot of people . A lot of kids buy them out of envy more than its intended use. Maybe they just like it to be higher than a car or because a freind lifted theirs and looked cool. ( i like the looks of a low , and stout jeep ) others prefer them high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eyv7dzhSRU so i guess you could throw the party.

I do see deeper mud puddles than what is shown in the beginning of the video lol but still dont forsee the need for a lift kit. The flat fenders would still offer more room for 33s or 35s to move freely with out hitting the fender and cover a lot of jeepers that dont need a lift kit for where they will drive the lifetime of ownership of the jeep

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-28-2016 at 06:40 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Isn't this thread a week or so late? I mean, we've already covered how to run 37's without a lift, so who cares about 35's at this point?

Then there was the thread about running 37's on a Jeep that will never go off the pavement but needs to look hard. Maybe the fenders would help there.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:05 AM
JK Junkie

Default The thread was posted by a vendor

To advertise their product that people might be interested in , to those who dont have a lift or want one.

As for the post on 37s no lift, I personally like the looks of it, and if you look at his photos its clearly off pavement and capable of going well beyond what most jeeps will see in the course of off road use unless your a avid rock climber in my opinion.

those who argue that just are hell bent on lift kits, and are foolishly mis informed of what is needed to go off road in the average jk.

If you bought your jeep to push its limits go for your lift kits. But no need in bashing others for not needing one or choosing not to have one on their jeep . Flat fenders can provide that
extra room .

Not everyone is a rock climber , you guys should seriously concider joining wol it might be your shtick

its a jk forum here under modified, not (rock climbers dream thread) load your credit card up and file bankrupt & walk away from it

BTW the guy on 37s no lift his jeep looks more capable than what your profile pic describes from what i see

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-28-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jordy
Isn't this thread a week or so late? I mean, we've already covered how to run 37's without a lift, so who cares about 35's at this point?

Then there was the thread about running 37's on a Jeep that will never go off the pavement but needs to look hard. Maybe the fenders would help there.
I want to correct you Jordy its not "hard" its "HARD" I just want to know why can't these people just stay on the truck side. There are tons of badd-ass looking trucks that are useless off the road.

Next thing you know someone is going to post a thread on how they have 40's and no lift.

I don't like High COG rigs myself due to the increased chance of rollover with every inch you lift. My Jeep is by no means a monster actually there are guys in the local club running 35's that are way higher than me. I did lift for extra clearance and travel.

I'm just waiting for one of these noobs to tell me that my E-lockers G2 shafts were a waste of money. If you guys really want to put you money where your mouth is I'll be up at Uwharrie this weekend you can show me how your Jeep works. But I have a feeling they will be wheeling their rigs at the mall this weekend trying to get over the mall speed bumps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Stock.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	650888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crawling.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	4.15 MB
ID:	650889   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 ledge Climb.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	357.3 KB
ID:	650890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lift Side.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	650891  

Last edited by Jonathan_JK; 06-28-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:33 AM
JK Junkie

Default your photos clearly show

I want to correct you Jordy its not "hard" its "HARD" I just want to know why can't these people just stay on the truck side. There are tons of badd-ass looking trucks that are useless off the road.

Next thing you know someone is going to post a thread on how they have 40's and no lift.

I don't like High COG rigs myself due to the increased chance of rollover with every inch you lift. My Jeep is by no means a monster actually there are guys in the local club running 35's that are way higher than me. I did lift for extra clearance and travel.

I'm just waiting for one of these noobs to tell me that my E-lockers G2 shafts were a waste of money. If you guys really want to put you money where your mouth is I'll be up at Uwharrie this weekend you can show me how your Jeep works. But I have a feeling they will be wheeling their rigs at the mall this weekend trying to get over the mall speed bumps.
you didnt get much gain from your lift kit from stock to lifted (the gain was mostly from tire size and flat fenders / hence the reason of this thread, thanks for sharing your photos it helps clear up the small gain of having a lift

The incline your attempting in the photo could be tackled by your sport in stock form probably given the correct placement of tires (but having a rubicon in this same senerio stock form wouldnt be a issue) using lockers

your rake in the front looks severe, but over all a decent looking rig for a sport

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-28-2016 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
BTW the guy on 37s no lift his jeep looks more capable than what your profile pic describes from what i see
I'm certain you're not talking to me. I am running 40's with no lift though.

Just in case you were talking to me, you should probably get your eyes checked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160327_154920857-1-1.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	302.6 KB
ID:	650892

I want to correct you Jordy its not "hard" its "HARD"
My bad. I was multitasking and missed that very obvious clarification.

Last edited by jordy; 06-28-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:56 AM
JK Junkie

Default Are you blind?

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
you didnt get much gain from your lift kit from stock to lifted (the gain was mostly from tire size and flat fenders / hence the reason of this thread, thanks for sharing your photos it helps clear up the small gain of having a lift

The incline your attempting in the photo could be tackled by your sport in stock form probably given the correct placement of tires (but having a rubicon in this same senerio stock form wouldnt be a issue) using lockers

your rake in the front looks severe, but over all a decent looking rig for a sport
Are you sure take another look at these I had to dig them up from 2013.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Just lift.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	921.9 KB
ID:	650893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lift only.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	650894   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stock.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	650895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Side View.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	650896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lift Side.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	2.91 MB
ID:	650897  

Old 06-28-2016, 09:00 AM
JK Junkie

Default yeh i was referring to your jeep

Originally Posted by jordy
I'm certain you're not talking to me. I am running 40's with no lift though.

Just in case you were talking to me, you should probably get your eyes checked.

Attachment 650892

My bad. I was multitasking and missed that very obvious clarification.

it just dosent look like it can handle any more than the guy w/37s and no lift your tires are hitting and thats your weak link yould prob do better with your same set up with 33s / but maybe you went beyond what was needed. Some people just buy stuff to show off .

some short men have small mans disease

http://glossynews.com/society/human-...er-big-trucks/

Not all of us have that issue though my jeep gets me where im going on the trails and all the fancy items are available for those who have something to prove
the photo giving the finger kinda proves this

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-28-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Want 35s But Don't Have A Lift Kit? No Problem!