Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want a V8 in Your Wrangler? Trans-Dapt Can Help

Old 08-31-2016, 11:50 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want a V8 in Your Wrangler? Trans-Dapt Can Help

Trans-Dapt, a company out of Whittier, California is now making a V8 engine swap crossmember kit, which they claim streamlines the conversion process to make the whole job rather easy.

Read the rest on the JK Forum homepage. >>
Old 08-31-2016, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

"compatible with most Chevrolet small block and big block V8 engines.” "However, the LT1 and LS series motors do not apply."

Am I reading this right? I see a picture of a JK, so I am assuming they want us to put smallblock 350's in our JK's?

Last edited by TweakJK; 08-31-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TweakJK
"compatible with most Chevrolet small block and big block V8 engines.” "However, the LT1 and LS series motors do not apply."

Am I reading this right? I see a picture of a JK, so I am assuming they want us to put smallblock 350's in our JK's?

Those 3 bolt mounts fit the SBC and BBC. The LS series up engines use a 4 bolt mount. I can only assume they are targeting the off road only guys for emission reasons.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI
Those 3 bolt mounts fit the SBC and BBC. The LS series up engines use a 4 bolt mount. I can only assume they are targeting the off road only guys for emission reasons.
Yea I dont get it though. Why would you put a 350 into a JK, even an offroad only JK? A crate 350 only makes 300ish HP. A very mild LS will make 400+ no problem.

It would be like putting leafs on it, sure its cheaper, but its a step backwards.

Someone speak up if I am completely missing something here.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TweakJK
Yea I dont get it though. Why would you put a 350 into a JK, even an offroad only JK? A crate 350 only makes 300ish HP. A very mild LS will make 400+ no problem.

It would be like putting leafs on it, sure its cheaper, but its a step backwards.

Someone speak up if I am completely missing something here.
Lol, I get it. I've put over 200 LS's in JK's LSWrangler.com. We're supporting the Direct Injected Gen V LS's now. I don't know why you would put a SBC in a JK unless you have one and don't care about emissions.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI
Lol, I get it. I've put over 200 LS's in JK's LSWrangler.com. We're supporting the Direct Injected Gen V LS's now. I don't know why you would put a SBC in a JK unless you have one and don't care about emissions.
maybe it's for cj/yj and they just suck at advertising

Ah there we go. After searching through their archaic website, I found it. It's for a YJ.

http://www.tdperformance.com/site/?d...keID=&ModelID=

At the bottom of the page.

To anyone making a website that sells things, people like to see pictures, price, and description without having to click 3 different buttons. This isnt 2003.

Last edited by TweakJK; 08-31-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Want a V8 in Your Wrangler? Trans-Dapt Can Help