Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welding RK rear track bar bracket?

Old 07-29-2014, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welding RK rear track bar bracket?

Just installed my rk 3.5 lift and need the rear track bar bracket welded. I have a welder I can use and was wondering if there is a special way I need to weld it? Also temp and wire speed?
Old 07-29-2014, 02:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to be a dick, but if you can't gauge what temp and wire speed to use on a 1/4" bracket, this may not be a job you want to tackle yourself. Every brand has a different wire speed range so saying "weld it at a 5" wont really help. Do you have a 110V or 220?

Its a 1/4" bracket on 1/4" axle tube, mild steel to mild steel, so no special process needed. Just use your best judgement based on your welding experience.

When I welded on my trackbar bracket, I ran my 220V at the highest setting (170A) with a medium wire speed so I can do a slower pass, but still get enough fill material...Thats just how I like to weld though.

Quick Reply: Welding RK rear track bar bracket?