Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What kind of lift to get?

Old 03-16-2015, 05:36 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Agchik05
Are body lifts difficult?
Define difficult...

I ran the Rough Country body lift for a while. Not a difficult install, just a pain. If you are interested in a body lift instead of a suspension lift, you might look at Teraflex's - it seems like a more straight-forward design/install than RC's. (there is an install video on tera's website)
Old 03-17-2015, 02:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

If you want a jeep you can use all the time, I would stick to 2.5" or less. That's why I used the teraflex leveling kit, got 2" of lift to give a little more space between the fenders and 33's, did not cost a crap load of money, and I installed it in a few hrs by myself in my driveway. I never even removed the wheels. It keeps your jeep level and you loose none of the ride of the stock rig.

Don't fall into the " I need a big lift to off road " mentality. I have the leveling it, and wheel my jeep 3 - 4 times a week, and it performs great. We go EVERYWHERE we want to. Remember, you own a Jeep. The most capable vehicle for the back country. Even stock they will go more places than 90 percent of owner will dare take them.

I have had my Teraflex leveling kit on for 4 years now and never wanted more other than the "look" , not needing it.

Last edited by Kojack; 03-17-2015 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by azxr
If you haven't already ready the lift sticky at the top of the modified section, do yourself a favor and read it; all 49 pages. I have read it twice and that is after I sold my Jeep. In addition to the very first post by Dirtman, there are a handful of other just as useful posts in that thread that should answer your question. There are posts in that thread from members that are looking for the same thing you are. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/
Thank you!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2015, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kojack
If you want a jeep you can use all the time, I would stick to 2.5" or less. That's why I used the teraflex leveling kit, got 2" of lift to give a little more space between the fenders and 33's, did not cost a crap load of money, and I installed it in a few hrs by myself in my driveway. I never even removed the wheels. It keeps your jeep level and you loose none of the ride of the stock rig. Don't fall into the " I need a big lift to off road " mentality. I have the leveling it, and wheel my jeep 3 - 4 times a week, and it performs great. We go EVERYWHERE we want to. Remember, you own a Jeep. The most capable vehicle for the back country. Even stock they will go more places than 90 percent of owner will dare take them. I have had my Teraflex leveling kit on for 4 years now and never wanted more other than the "look" , not needing it.
You won me over!!!! I have the Rubicon tires, not sure the size though (stock rubi tires).
Old 03-17-2015, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kojack
If you want a jeep you can use all the time, I would stick to 2.5" or less. That's why I used the teraflex leveling kit, got 2" of lift to give a little more space between the fenders and 33's, did not cost a crap load of money, and I installed it in a few hrs by myself in my driveway. I never even removed the wheels. It keeps your jeep level and you loose none of the ride of the stock rig. Don't fall into the " I need a big lift to off road " mentality. I have the leveling it, and wheel my jeep 3 - 4 times a week, and it performs great. We go EVERYWHERE we want to. Remember, you own a Jeep. The most capable vehicle for the back country. Even stock they will go more places than 90 percent of owner will dare take them. I have had my Teraflex leveling kit on for 4 years now and never wanted more other than the "look" , not needing it.
Kojack, can you throw some pics of your Jeep up here?
Old 03-17-2015, 10:09 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZUSrjamaJE
Old 03-17-2015, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Agchik05
You won me over!!!! I have the Rubicon tires, not sure the size though (stock rubi tires).
I have the Rock Krawler 1.5 lift with stock tires. No plans to change tires till these wear out. I am very happy with the results.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Lemme find a couple on here. I have a few put up around the website.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have 255/75 R17 tires
Old 03-18-2015, 05:32 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

you will gain more off road performance and better looks with bigger tires over just a lift. Lifting the jeep just for extra height does little to increase performance except for approach, decline, and belly clearance. Tires will give you that plus axle clearance and more traction.

Quick Reply: What kind of lift to get?